Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Missing of Data while Filing Return

This query is : Resolved 


Querist : Anonymous

Profile Image
Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
23 July 2010 One of my friend had filed e-return for the A.Y 2009-2010 on 29/12/2009. However, my mistake he had missed the loss from house property i.e, interest on housing loan from employer in the return.
Right now, income tax department has issued demand notice u/s 143(1) for less deduction & payment of TDS. However, as per Form 16 provided, his employer has considered Loss from House Property.
Please advise to rectify the mistake .

23 July 2010 hi
yes there must be a mistake in filing returns and its not filed within due date and so it would have been filed u/s 139(4)(belated return) and such return cannot be revised also
only action is to give reply to notice in writing by stating all the facts and providing the proof for loss under head house property and request assessing officer to give credit for the loss.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries


Unanswered Queries

Follow taxation Exam20 Book Book Book caclubindia books

Answer Query