Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Increase in HRA amount exemption

This query is : Resolved 


I just got a hike in my salary and I pay rent to my mother who files ITR. I have been paying rent from past 7 months and due to increase in salary i want to pay more rent to my mother and declare it to my employer thus reducing my tax liability. Will it be a problem to increase my Hra amount, is there any such issue with increasing the HRA amount more than 10% which is what is said to be the amount that can be increased by the owner every year or two. Could you guide me on this, if it is justified to do this.

Generally Rent increases on an annual basis. So advise to do it accordingly.

There is no problem in claiming higher HRA provided you can validate the claim that higher rent have been paid to your mother .

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries