form no.112

02 July 2008
i want to ask you regarding the submission of form no.112 with PCC form,till what time is it valid,I received a letter with the form on 17th or 18th of May and im yet to submit it waiting for your reply

CA Anand Sarda (Expert)
02 July 2008
Permission for other course
Prior permission of the Council to pursue any course of study either through correspondence, Private or
Regular (be it a graduation or post graduation) should be obtained by submitting Form 112 duly filled in
and signed by the student his employer and the Principal of the College at the time of joining the articles
or during the period of articles if intending to join or joined subsequently.
Before recommending and forwarding application of the articled assistant, the principal must ensure that:
a) The working hours for the articled assistant shall be 35 hours in a week excluding the lunch
b) The office hours of the principal for providing articled training to the articled assistant shall not be
generally before 9.00 a.m. or after 7.00 p.m.
c) The normal working hours for the articled assistant shall not start after 11.00 a.m. or end before
5.00 p.m.
d) The working hours for the articled assistant should not exceed 35 hours in a week excluding the
lunch break and normally an articled assistant be required to work during the normal working
hours fixed for articled assistants.
e) Incase of the exigencies of work with the principal, an articled assistant may be required to work
beyond his / her normal working hours. However under such circumstances, the aggregate
number of working hours shall not exceed 45 hours per week. The requirement to work beyond
35 hours in a week should not be a practice but only in exceptional circumstances. Further, where
the articled assistant is required to work beyond normal working hours, and aggregate of such
hours exceed 35 hours per week, he/she shall be entitled to compensatory leave calculated with
reference to number of completed working hours, over and above 35 hours per week.
f) The facility of allowing flexible office hours stands withdrawn
g) During the working hours, the articled assistant is not permitted to attend college / other
institutions for pursuing any course including graduation. Accordingly, college timings of such
course should not be such ( after taking into account the time required to commute) which
clashes with the normal working hours of the article training.
h) The working hours do not clash with the graduation or any other course, if any pursued by the
articled assistant, each articled assistant registered on or after 1st April, 2008 shall now be
required to obtain specific permission from the ICAI for pursuing graduation or other course as
permitted under the Chartered Accountants Regulations by submitting Form No. 112, within one
month from the date of joining the College or course to the ICAI.
i) The articled assistant presently registered and undergoing graduation or any other course and
who have not obtained specific permission shall be required to obtain the specific permission
from the ICAI by submitting Form No. 122 within six months of issue of these guidelines, i.e. by
30th September, 2008 . However those students who have already obtained the specific
permission by submitting Form No. 112 need not obtain it again and the permission granted shall
continue to be valid.
j) The Certificate in Form No. 112 indicating college timings etc. shall be counter-signed by the
concerned principal of the college with the seal and stamp of the college and also indicating the
telephone number/s and full address of the college.
k) Leave in connection with the permitted course for the days of the relevant examination may
ordinarily be granted by the principal. Any other leave for such course may be granted at the
discretion of the principal
Note: In case a student does not comply with the above requirements or violates any of the above
guidelines, his /her article ship period shall not be recognised.
1. In case the articled assistant is pursuing other Course through correspondence / Non-Collegiate,
he is required to attach the copy of the registration letter from the University in this regard.
2. The form should be submitted to the office of the Institute within 30 days. In case of delay in filing
the form beyond the stipulated period, it has to be accompanied by a request for condonation
and appropriate condonation fee as per the following schedule:
(i) Delay upto 30 days beyond the initial period Rs. 100/-
(ii) Delay between 31 days - 180 days Rs. 300/-
(iii) Delay beyond 181 days Rs. 1,000/-

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

CCI Online Learning

Choose from our category of courses

What do you want to learn today?



Browse all Subjects

CA Online Classes    |    x