Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

CPE hours requirement in first year of membership

I became ICAI member in April 2019 but I have not taken any CPE program credit in that year. In this case, whether any exemption is available for CPE hours or not for the first year of membership?

Source: ICAI Website 1. As per the Statement on CPE a member is exempted only for the particular calendar year during which he gets his membership for the first time. 2.  For Example: members enrolled at any point of time during the Calendar year 2011 (1st January-31st December, 2011) are exempted for the Calendar Year 2011. For the Calendar Years 2012 & 2013 they would be required to comply with proportionate CPE hours requirement. Members enrolled during the year 2011 with COP would be required to complete 60 CPE hours in the calendar year 2012 and 13. Out of 60 CPE hours, minimum 40 CPE hours should be under Structured Learning and 20 CPE hours under Structured/Unstructured Learning as per choice and Non-COP holders are required to complete 30 CPE hours under Structured/Unstructured Learning as per choice. 3   members enrolled at any point of time during the Calendar year 2012 (1st January-31st December, 2012) are exempted for the Calendar Year 2012. For the Calendar Year 2013 they would be required to comply with proportionate CPE hours requirement. Members enrolled during the year 2012 with COP would be required to complete 30 CPE hours for the calendar year 2013. Out of 30 CPE hours minimum 20 CPE hours should be under Structured Learning and 10 CPE hours under Structured/Unstructured Learning as per choice and Non-COP holders are required to complete 15 CPE hours under Structured/Unstructured Learning as per choice for the calendar year 2013. 4   members enrolled at any point of time during the Calendar year 2013 (1st January-31st December, 2013) whether holding COP or not are exempted for this block of three years (2011 to 2013) 5.  ICAI’s CPE Advisory on Unstructured Learning and prescribed format for claiming Unstructured CPE Credit hours is available at URL: http://www.cpeicai.org/Advisory-Unstructured%20Learning%20Activities.pdf.

Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply.

Welcome...... My Pleasure....