50% OFF in CA/CS/CMA Subjects

Attempt counted?

Querist : Anonymous

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
my PCC attempt was due in may2010.i had filled the form but didnt appear in the exams.so my question is was my attempt still counted?will i be considered a finalist in 2nd attempt(i have cleared both groups in nov2010)

yes
u are absent for 1st attempt
and cleared in 2nd attempt

Querist : Anonymous

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
what should be my answer if in future any company asks about the number of attempt?

TELL THEM THE FACT......

sorry i do not agree with u sir ... this fact was resolved by shri pankaj tyagee vice chairman of cmii icai ... the attempt is counted when only one sits for exams .. so if you have not sat for examinations .. then it will not be counted as your first attempt .. earlier it used to be like what ganpat ji has said .. but now since the change of training programme and preponement of exam attempts this will be regarded as what pankaj tyagee has said.

Querist : Anonymous

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
Ravi sir..r u sure abt it??that means i will be counted as a finalist of Ist attempt????
thankyou very much for this good news

yes ...... i am sure ... actually the scenario has changed after preponement of ca final attempts .... so one of the student asked pankaj tyagee sir personally sir i sat for preponed attempt and cleared one group and cleared my second group in my original attempt then will it be counted as one attempt or two ? sir said ... it is always counted as number of times u have sat for exams ..... also if u are having attempt in nov but u dropped it and clared both group in may next year it will be one attempt