Dear All, It is very unfortunate to say that today Student pursuing CA Courses are purely and mainly dependant on coaching classes where they spends a lots of precious time and Money. It keeps all of them far away from the self development of their skills to interpret the laws like Income Tax, VAT, Excise, AS and Company Law. After Qualifying CA they do not even know how to read and interpret the Act (if not check and evaluate yourself). These Laws are backbone of any Professional whether he/she is in Practice or Industry. It does not mean that you should not join coaching classes. All students doing Professional courses are advised to slightly change your way of thinking that you can not complete CA unless and untill you take Classes.
Most of the student even after taking classes is not having confidence or in a position to face the exam mainly because they things that once coaching has been taken they are safe. It happens because they fail to maintain balance between their Articleship and Study.
I would like to take an example-A Student of IPCC is having Four Papers to pass and the time he got is approx 9 Months. He used or want to take the classes for all the four paper namely Accounts, Tax, Cost FM and Law.
Part 1 - Every paper needs at least 3 Hours Class for 3 Months
Part 2- Atleast equivalent time required i.e. 3 Hours for Self Study of that paper.
Most of the students fail to concentrate on Part 2 i.e. Self Study.
Once they complete all the four paper classes. They do not have enough time for self study to appear for exam.
THE SITUATION IS MUCH worse when your Training gets started
Therefore, I suggest you as follow:
1. Once you get registered for IPCC give atleast two Month for Understanding all four paper (Group 1) and on the basis of self evaluation them decide which paper you are having problem in understanding the concept- GO FOR CLASS OF THAT PAPER ONLY
2. Practical Training (Articleship) is as much as important as passing the CA exam, without adequate training you will be as you have to “WALK WITHOUT FEET”.
Other Important tips for Study
1. Prepare plan for study and follow.
2. Always keep provision for contingency in you plan
3. Habit to make notes for all papers covering the important aspects that will not only help you to improve your writing and speed but last day revision will become more meaningful.
4. Once you complete a subject, must solve last year papers in one go (of course in 3 Hours) create exam conditions and repeat with another year paper unless you achieve a good level confidence.
5. Study in Systematic way so that all subjects are revised after a particular interval periodically.
I will be grateful even if a Single student is got something from the above message.
Thanks & Regards
CA Vijay Gaurav