As per GST, various particulars regarding invoices have been provided. There's no particular format to be followed, what matters is that all the particulars should be contained in your invoices.
Here's a list of particulars to be provided in your invoice:
1) Name, address and GSTIN of the supplier
2) Name, address and GSTIN of the Service provider
3) Date of its issue of Invoice
4) A consecutive serial number, containing alphabets or numerals or special characters
5) Name, address and GSTIN or UIN, of the recipient in case of goods; if registered
6) Name, address and GSTIN or UIN, of the recipient of services; if registered
7) Address of delivery
8) HSN Code in case of goods or
9) Service Accounting Code in case of services
10) Quantity of goods sold
11) Description of goods or services or both
12) Value of supply of goods or services or both taking into account discount or abatement, if any
13) Amount of GST on taxable goods or services
14) Rate of GST
15) Whether reverse charge applicable
16) Place of supply in case of interstate transaction
17) Signature or digital signature of the supplier or his authorized representative
Some important points relating to invoices are:
1. The concept of the retail invoice has gone. Under GST only TAX INVOICES are to be issued.
2. Invoice needs to be issue invoice at the time of supply of goods. In the case of services, the invoices must be issued within 30days from the date of supply of service.
3. Where the amount of invoice is less than Rs. 200 then no need to issue the invoice in case of B2C transactions. However, in respect of such supplies, the supplier shall issue a consolidated tax invoice for such supplies at the close of each day in respect of all such supplies.
4.If invoice amount is more than Rs. 50,000 and recipient is an unregistered then it is mandatory to mention the name, address, state of the receivers' on the invoice.
5. In case of purchase of goods/supply from unregistered person a payment voucher + a tax invoice (for self) needs to be issued
6. In case of supply of goods the assessee has to prepare three copies of invoice one for purchaser, second for transporter and third for self
7. Person supplying services have to make two copies of invoice one for service receiver and second for self.
8. In case of advance payment received, receipt voucher needs to be issued, and if no supply has been made against such advance, issue a refund voucher. If only a part of supply is made against it issue a credit note.
9. A composite dealer needs to issue Bill of supply.
10. Once the tax invoice has been uploaded on GSTN changes cannot be made by the assessee. In case any changes are needed to be done then they will be made through debit and credit note. The information mentioned in tax invoice should be mentioned in debit or credit note to execute the changes.