Easy Office

Ravindranath

CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH ADVICE ON THE BELOW.

(I)If TDS recovered from

(a) Salries
(b) Consultacny paid
(c) Rent
(d) Contractors payments
(e) Interest paid

during Apr07-Feb 08 is not paid before March 31 st, 2008, will the expenditure be disallowed for the purpose of IT computation.

(II) If PF recoveries/ contributions recovered from salaries pertaining to Apr07-Mar 08 are not paid before March 31,08 , what will be the impact.

(III) If fringe benefit tax pertaining to the period Apr07-Mar 08 is not paid before 31st march'08 , what will be the impact.

Pankaj Sharma
19 April 2008 at 09:59

is the entry right

if the financial year closed 2007-08 and bill received for the month of March-08 as on 08.04.2008. bill of courier.

in such case the entry is

postage & courior A/c Dr

To expenses payable

To TDS on contractor

entry for next year

expenses payable a/c dr.

To XYZ

is it right.

Pankaj Sharma

what is the rate of TDS deducted to catering bill. is it contractor?

Anil
19 April 2008 at 05:50

TDS only on payment basis

Is TDS on BONUS & LEAVE PAY deducted only if it is paid ?

Kindly quote relevant Section/Rule.

Thanks.

Anil
19 April 2008 at 05:46

Composite Form 15G

Recently I came accross CBDT Notification No 143/2003 dated June 9, 2003 which says the department has merged the erstwhile forms 15G/15H/15I into a composite one, that is, Form 15G.

In view of this is not Form 15H used anymore?

Thanks.

Abhishek
16 April 2008 at 18:16

Section 115JB - Depreciation

under the revised section 115JB, depreciation is been shown in both categories i.e. items to be added back & items to be reduced.

this is slighly confusing ??

rita

We have filed e return for the assessment year 2006-2007 in Form No.1 (without digital signature). now is it necessary to file ITR - V for FBT purpose.

SUMIT RAI
16 April 2008 at 13:19

Professional Tax

How many states effective with Professional Tax, what is the forms/procedure/rates/returns in professional tax in India.

Sekhar Dasari
16 April 2008 at 12:22

Sur charge

Dear Friends,

Can any one tell me about surcharge marignial relief and what is the basic to calculate the surcharge marginal relief.

Thanks in advance.

Sekhar Dasari

Anil

1) Should the company which collects Forms 15G and 15H submit to IT department just the DETAILS of persons from whom Form 15G and 15H are collected

OR

one should submit the FORMS COLLECTED itself in physical form?

2)IF form itself is submited in physical form, does the company have to submit BOTH the forms collected to the IT department

OR

the company keeps one and submits the other to IT department?

3)When is the last date for submission of the forms/details to IT department?

4)Please confirm Whether :

Form 15H is for interest OTHER THAN INTEREST ON SECURITIES receivable BY SENIOR CITIZENS

and

Form 15 G is for INTEREST ON SECURITIES BY ALL including senior citizen.