How to register at GST Portal (with Portal Screen Shots)
India is going through one of the major reforms in tax system since independence i.e. Goods & Service Tax (GST). GST will replace 17 indirect tax levies and compliance costs will fall. The GST regime seeks to subsume the following taxes into a single one:
Taxes levied by Central Govt.:
Taxes levied by State Govt.:
State Taxes and Cesses.
To start with, Now Govt has started assessee to register with GST authorities. Different time slots have been given to different areas so that there may not be undue traffic on the GST Portal.
I have made a video to explain the process with screen shots taken from GST portal.
1. First step is to take Provisional id & Password from the concerned dept. It is normally provided in sealed envelope.
2. Now visit www.gst.gov.in
3. The Following screen will appear.
4. As we all are first time user so click at NEW USER LOGIN tab.
5. Next page will follow as below
6. Enter Provisional ID and Password as provided by tax authority in envelope & Click LOGIN.
7. You will get following prompt.
8. Please fill here your email id & password. Press CONTINUE.
9. You will two OTP (One time passwords) one on mobile and another by email. Following screen will appear.
10. Enter the OTP received in respective prompts. Press CONTINUE. Next screen will be as follows
11. Now enter Username & Password & note down them at safe place. Next screen offered by GST Portal is as follows
12. Click Continue to get next screen as follows
13. Here you will fill all the details of your business. You will also upload registration certificate of your firm.