The first paper of Accountancy “clean bolds” most of the students in CA Final.
(Read my Article: 6 months in waste; now invest at CAclub).
The paper was too lengthy and could not be completed by majority of the students. Who completed it in hurry; made “blunders” while solving the questions.
Other reasons are pertaining to:
1. Not to “accept” theory part as one of the important part of Accountancy. Till graduation; most of the question paper is set from the text books and it becomes easy to score in these exams. Hence this habit is “developed” which requires immediate “correction.”
2. Jump to next illustration or question without “analyzing” the question which was solved immediately. The reason of this attitude is to “complete” the syllabus as soon as possible. (The result; it is "completed" but not "useful" to appear in the exams).
3. Ignoring some of the questions which are not understood in depth. The reason: It consumed a lot of time but the result was zero. If left 10 such questions; your confidence will never be built in the subject. Especially in exam preparation; a fear would be there if such questions are asked what would happen (although you know well what would happen).
4. Depending on tuitions for long time in expectation that syllabus would be completed well in time.
5. Solving questions in rough note book without doing exercise in a systematic manner.
1. Read theory part first if it is easy to understand.
2. Solve illustrations keeping in the mind the application of theory part.
3. If theory is typical and illustrations look easy than that; then solve illustrations and then read theory.
4. Mark steps (as everyone is required to solve questions of Holding/Subsidiary Company).
5. Most Important:
i. While reading illustration/question the “required” portion is either written in the first line or in the last line. Read it first to know what “exactly” is required. This will give insight and speedy grasping of the contents of the illustration/question.
ii. Roughly calculate the “typical” part.
iii. Keep track of time to solve the question for the time. Solve it again immediately and mark the time consumed this time. Again solve it and mark the time consumed for the third time.
iv. You will surprise that the question which was solved in one hour earlier; “can” be solved in 15-20 minutes.
v. This leaves enough time to complete the Exam Paper.
The above rules are applicable to all practical subjects.
Go ahead in this way and share your experience after following the above techniques.
6. DON’T PAY TOO MUCH TIME IN “FIRST COMPLETION” OF SYLLABUS. BETTER OPEN THE BOOK REGULARLY AND HAVE AN OVERVIEW ABOUT ALL THE CHAPTERS. THIS WAY TRY TO UNDERSTAND BASIC THEME AND COORDINATION OF ALL THE CHAPTERS.
Even if syllabus is completed; it will never be “helpful” to appear in CA type of exams.
The confidence is built when you revise it for 4-5 times.
Sixer on Last Ball:
TO SCORE GOOD MARKS; MARK ALL THE POINTS MENTIONED ABOVE.