Articleship period is the learning period and one of the most important periods for CA students. Here in this period, the student is prepared for a bright and fulfilling professional life.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India allows Articled students to take up Industrial Training popularly called as IT in the last year of Articleship.
Industrial Training is a practical training for students who wish to pursue their career in an Industry to know about the functionality of the Treasury/Finance and Accounts Department.
This enhances other soft skills like team building, teamwork, problem solving techniques which are an added advantage for the student in their professional career.
Who is Eligible?
- Students who has passed IPCC/ Intermediate , both the groups. AND
- Articled trainee in the last year of Articleship.
Which are the companies which offer Industrial Training?
- The companies which are approved by the ICAI can provide the training.
- To name a few Wipro, HDFC bank , Flipkart, Piramal group.
- Here is is the link for listed industries by ICAI: Click Here
How to enrol for Industrial training?
- Students can enrol for industrial training on SSP (Self Service Portal) by the ICAI.
- Log in using user id and password
- Under Articleship cycle
- Click on the articleship menu
- Click Industrial Training and fill out Form 104
- This form shall be approved by the Principal CA under whom the student had registered for articleship.
- The student can enrol with the ICAI on articleship and Industrial Training Portal
- By applying directly to the ICAI approved industry.
What shall be the duration of Industrial training?
The duration shall be 9 to 18 months.
Advantages of the Training
- Exposure of working under an industrial environment.
- Better placement in Industries post qualification.
- Higher stipend.
Is it compulsory for Industrial Training?
No, it is not .Those students desiring and wanting to choose a career in an industrial environment may take up Industrial Training.
Are Exam leaves provided in the Industrial Training?
This will be as per the terms of the training entered into and may differ from company to company.
Who Shall Provide the Certificate after Industrial Training?
After successful completion of the training the Member under whom the training was received in the company shall provide the certificate in Form 105.
Can Industrial Training be done abroad?
The Answer is YES.
Please read the link for more information: Click Here
Tags :studentsca students