With effect from April 01, 2021 Form CSR-1 is mandatorily required to be filed by the entities pursuant to Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 and Rule 4 (1) and (2) of the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014 as amended/substituted by the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Amendment Rules, 2021.
Rule-4 (2) of the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014
Every Entity, covered under sub-rule (1), who intends to undertake any CSR activity, shall register itself with the Central Government by filing the form CSR-1 electronically with the Registrar, with effect from the 01st day of April 2021, thus provided that the provisions of this sub-rule shall not affect the CSR projects or programmes approved prior to the 01st day of April 2021.
Form CSR-1 shall be signed and submitted electronically by the entity and shall be verified digitally by a Chartered Accountant in practice or a Company Secretary in practice or a Cost Accountant in practice.
On the submission of the Form CSR-1 on the portal, a unique CSR Registration Number shall be generated by the system automatically
Entity (Rule-4 (1) of the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014) here refers to the-
- a company established under section 8 of the Act, or a registered public trust or a registered society, registered under section 12A and 80 G of the Income Tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), established by the company, either singly or along with any other company, or
- a company established under section 8 of the Act or a registered trust or a registered society, established by the Central Government or State Government; or
- any entity established under an Act of Parliament or a State legislature; or
- a company established under section 8 of the Act, or a registered public trust or a registered society, registered under section 12A and 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961, and having an established track record of at least three years in undertaking similar activities.
- The form is required to Digitally signed by the signed by the Director in case of a Section 8 company & Chairperson/ CEO/ Secretary in case of Registered Society.
- The person signing the form digitally should have valid DSC & a Disqualified Director should not sign the form.
- In case, there is no DSC available, apply for the same since it is required for the captioned form.
Requirements for this Form
- Valid & Registered DSC of the Director/Trustee/ CEO/ Chairperson/ Chief functionary/ Authorized Representative of the Entity
- Copy of PAN of Entity
- Copy of Certificate of Registration of the Entity
- Active Email Id of the Entity for OTP (The Facility to send OTP will be enabled only after successful Pre-scrutiny of the form)
- Authorization to the person signing the form digitally (i.e., Resolution no. & effective date)
Note: It would be more apt and advisable to all the fellow professionals that before signing up the form for certification purpose, keep check on the authenticity of the accounts & records of the Entity and verify their activities with the charter or Memorandum for better compliance.
Information compiled above is based on my understanding and intrepretation. Any suggestions to improve above information is welcome with folded hands with appreciation in advance. All readers are requested to take their considered views based on their own study to reach any suitable conclusions.
Tags :corporate law