I do not wish to rub salt on the wounds of almost 97% students will be reappearing the CA finals thanks to the lowest result of lthe ast decade nor wish to preach to them as to what they should or should not do. I wish to be first among you to cool you down , motivate you .Here are a few tips:
1. Don't be tense. You are on the majority side. Bill Gates the only failure in a group of 20 is the employer of the remaining 19 , who passed.
2. Never commit the folly of starting your study with the subeject you have failed. Rather start with the subjecvt in which you are most comfortable. this will give you positive energy . boost your confidence . Once you start feeling that you can do it , you can certainly do it.
3. ICAI papers will be set around next 7-8 weeks. keep in touch with the key developments/ Judements /etc during these critical weeks. Judgement s/ notification on Transfer Pricing, S 14A, Takeover code in corporate laws , Law on concealment penalty, etc need specific attention. don't wait for someone to say what is iimportant for you but decide for yourself. Just review the papers in view of what I have mentioned here. You will find You know better than us.
4. Don't beleive in learnig by heart. Leave those items like say AS . certain ratio. formats / sections-don;t bother for the end/ APPLY MIND NOW. DON'T APPPLY YOUR BRAINS WHEN EXAMS ARE NEAR. All intellident people ARE PRONE TO DEPRESSION once the things do not flow their ways. . ICAI has time and again proved their immense capacity to take you be surprise. This time you surprise them by not buckling under the pressure.
4. Don't believe in rumours like XYXZ classees can give a sure shot to success. They don't. .Successes are coincidental . They help in achieving you golas just the way your books or teschers do. TO best of my knowledge, ICAI does not slughter the results with guillotin. In fact manyy time efforts are made to boost the results. Take this by an example. say a 10- mark question has two parts:one a very easy one and the second one a difficult one. Obviously, the second part's answer will depend upon te first part. Those who commit mistake in first part will be mauled very badly than those who commit mistkaked in the second part. Now as an examiner Ifore -assess the situation and keep say 7 Marks for the first part and three marks for the second part. . Your loss would be minimum. sosometimes the result is bad, this is in spite of the revival apckage and not because of it.
5/ Try to read minimum. Remember maximum Those who think that a million words read would be enough to get success, must have found how wrong they were. it is the 1000 wors witten in 180 minute that will decide you success.
6. Lets turn to the marking scheme. frs few marks are for grabs. Except in case of objective questions . Last few marks are Utopia better for dreaming but impossible to gain - Ler me be a fool in the words of Napolean who said nothing is impossible. But then he never appeard in CA exams.
7. RATHER THEN DEVOTING FULL TIME ON A FEW QUESTIONS , DEVOTE SOME TIME ON ALL QUESTIONS . YOUR TOTAL SCORE WOULD BE ATLEAST 15% HIGHER= THE CRITICAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SUCCESS AND FAILURE.
I know you will do miracles next time. I will be coming to this space with some specific academic input.