Easy Office
LCI Learning

Career advice plz

Page no : 2

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)
Replied 27 July 2012

Originally posted by : RAMESH ...cma final

M VERY GLAD TO HELP U......

me too happy to be guided by you :)

Abhishek (Partner) (184 Points)
Replied 27 July 2012

Stock Analyst

CFA(USA)

OR

MBA with finance + CFP (mostly multiple choice Q)

and Analysis me interest hona chaiye.

OR

If you are happy with limited earning, limited working hours then try for govt. Jobs

UPSC, Exam for Probational Officer in Bank etc.

1 Like

Replied 27 July 2012

@ Abhishek Sir

thanks for your valuable addition...

but My GK is really low ... and I don't wanna hit my head against it. So, I guess it won't be a useful idea to get into UPSC....

Bharathkumar R (CMA) (185 Points)
Replied 27 July 2012

Hi,

If u are interested in stock markets there is a course called CISI in UK.As of now that is the best course for people willing to have a future in Stock market.try it!!!All the best!!!!

1 Like

CA Ankur Mittal (Assistant Manager @ Reliance Communication)   (759 Points)
Replied 27 July 2012

Stock and Forex is where i want to excel as well..cant believe i found a topic like this..

First of All thanx for the suggestins...I learned a lot about stock market by jumping into it...though i certainly lost Around 10000 (my artcileship Savings :D), But i call it an Investment...

A Job in Forex or Stock MArket is a Shahi Job...4 or 5 Days working thats what i always dreamed of..Someone told me that..Get into any bank after Ca ( dont care about salary) as Analyst or similar job profile..But upto today m not able to find any course which can provide me that extra advantage through which i can get an edge  for my CV...

Lots of Experts are here..hope we will get some valuable inputs..

1 Like

Rahul Sharma (----------) (8187 Points)
Replied 27 July 2012

Reply by CA khushboo

. since u r pursuing ca.. concentrate more on mafa.. if ur mafa is strong u can get a grip over things like future n options..n side by side give currency exams.. commodity paper... n ya open an account with any broking co and do trade and try to analyse the market flow

1 Like

CA ashutosh aggarwal (article) (106 Points)
Replied 28 July 2012

may i know.the procedure to apply in australia for the stock market courses?

1 Like

CA Lokesh Pokharna (CA (Ahmedabad Bhilwara Chittorgarh))   (4128 Points)
Replied 28 July 2012

your current desire very much in a RIGHT WAY.... and if you dont have any constraint of any kind of resources then ..

1 first of all complete ca,cs( i would say you should give most focus on ca , and in ca in sfm..then you can persue cfa(usa) OR along with ca studies ypu can persue NSE certifications .....

2. second , as you said you will complete ca may be around aug 2014, so it means you have ample amount of time for allied activities with regard to ur interest area...you should start watching CNBC, NDTV PROFIT,  .. start reading some economic magzines becuase for a stock analyst sound knowledge of economy , industry, company very necessary its called macro analysis, it will provide clear understanding of a stock analyst....

3. join any good stock broker for some time it which yield you knoweldge regarding practical aspect of stock trading..

4. approach regularly  international investment banking companies like goldman sachs, duetchse bank, citi bank, & india's icici bank ,Religare Enterprises Limited ,Edelweiss Capital ,JM Financial India, Infoline, Centrum Capital, Future Capital, Motilal Oswal.

1 Like

Rahul Sharma (----------) (8187 Points)
Replied 28 July 2012

BSE Training Institute, also known as BTI, runs a three month part time Certificate Programme on Capital Markets jointly with the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, which is highly popular programme in the Indian financial markets. Successful participants of this programme are awarded certificates by the University of Mumbai. Any graduate stock broker, sub-broker, Investment Consultant, Portfolio Manager, professional from the Depository, DPs, Banks, Insurance Companies, Mutual Funds, Custodians, Clearing houses, Financial Institutions and Management students is welcome to take advantage of this comprehensive programme.

National Stock Exchange (NSE) has been running a certification course i.e Certification in Financial Markets (NCFM) since 1998 which aims to educate ppl towards financial markets.

The Test is also offered through the Internet to enable candidates outside the designated test centres to take tests at their convenience. This allows flexibility in terms of testing centres (https://www.nse-india.com/content/ncfm/ncfm_testcentres.htm), dates and timing and provides easy accessibility and convenience to candidates.

NCFM Modules
NCFM currently tests expertise in the following modules:
Financial Markets: A Beginners' Module
Derivatives Market (Dealers) Module
Capital Market (Dealers) Module
Securities Market (Basic) Module
FIMMDA-NSE Debt Market (Basic) Module
Surveillance in Stock Exchanges Module
NSDL - Depository Operations Module
Commodities Market Module
AMFI - Mutual Fund (Basic) Module
AMFI - Mutual Fund (Advisors) Module
Corporate Governance Module
Compliance Officers (Brokers) Module
Compliance Officers (Corporates) Module
Modules of Financial Planning Standards Board India

Capital Market Course also by ICAI

1 Like

Nilanjan Chowdhury (114 Points)
Replied 28 July 2012

try to concentrate in your studies for CA & CS .forget everything. u have to go a long way. CA & CS can take you great heights and no need of other course.do it seriously and passionatley.

Anand (FINAL CA) (1116 Points)
Replied 28 July 2012

hey renu....wassup???? ca cs and dont wanna be in the field of audit and taxation tats cool....there is nothing such as learning stuff abt stock market....its all practical experience....even ur bcom qualfn would be enough....since u are/will be completing ca cs der is no need for any certificate or course in stock market....since u pointed out tat u wanted to be in stock makt....have u heard abt RAKESH JHUNJHUNWALA....he is also known as the big bull or india's warren buffet.....u knw wat is his qualfn....just a plain CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT....nothing else....after ur ca cs....if u join any stock broking firm....u dont need any oder extra qualfn buddy....there will be many on job training eg FLIP courses etc....dont worry dude....focus on ca cs....complete it....get into a big stock broking firm/ nbfc (j p morgan etc)....after 2-3 yrs of good work ex den think abt cfa etc iff needed.....dont waste ur money/time/energy on these NSE/BSE/IIBF courses.....u have  ca cs...probably the best finance combo.....

1 Like

Replied 28 July 2012

@ bharat Kumar ...

Thanks for giving ur inputs sir .....

@ Ankit ...

Yup ! I have even same doubt .... Like people work in Bank for experience .... nd  getting job into forex market ......

But upto today m not able to find any course which can provide me that extra advantage through which i can get an edge  for my CV...

this is really a critical input ....please frns advise on this point as wel .....

Replied 28 July 2012

@ rahul ....

I have even heard the same in my Orientation programme.Basic course's validity  is for life time and other courses have value for sometime ...

and after the period of 2-3 years ... have to give test again... I am not sure ...

@ Anand 

till now , you have given the best advice.

Thanks a lot to everyone :)

Budding Professional (B.Com, CA & CS FINAL) (1686 Points)
Replied 28 July 2012

Your first priority should be CA and CS.. And acquire additional qualifications like CFA/CFM/CFP.. Also, you may go for NSE certifications.. Because you will have the relevant qualifications, you may explore other sectors also like investment banking, risk management, foreign exchange etc depending on your interests. And for now, make a habit of understanding and doing analysis of markets, macroeconomic  perspectives and the economic situations concerning the world, as the present economic situations are a very good opportunity to learn something in the sector.

Even, I also aim for a career in investment banking, corporate finance and risk management.

1 Like

KARTIK (JOB) (240 Points)
Replied 28 July 2012

renu, one suggestion, dont think that stock market is an easy way to make money by spending little time..

u can become rich or bankrupt in a fraction of second, u must be reay to take that risk.

u can do some courses on technical analysis.. learn technical analysis...

sometimes whatever u learn, whatever knowledge u have wont work in the real market scenario. its all operator driven... small retailors often gets trapped by these giant operators..

so be carefull..

however, if u have passion, strong faith, willigness to accept failure, no greed then u will surely win..

best wishes

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: