Easy Office
LCI Learning

Big 4 - Do they create a Better CA ? A Big Question ? Part 2

Page no : 3

CA ADITYA SHARMA (CA IN PRACTICE ) (16719 Points)
Replied 24 September 2011

good explanation. keep sharing

(Guest)
Bro please tell the answers to the questions that i asked you on second page , i hope you won't mind that :) . Once again Thanks bro for your superb articles . Keep posting and god bless . Thanks

RG - A Helping Hand (Company Secretary) (13867 Points)

Truly a great help dear Sanyam by showing both sides of the coin to the CA Aspirants as far as article ship in BIG4 is concerned.

Your article will surely help lots of students.

RG

ROHIT CHATURVEDI (CA Final Student ) (2298 Points)

absolutely right.....and a very nice move taken by EY

keep sharing your experience .......i await for part 3

bvijaya_kumar (17 Points)

I read the posting with interest. As a senior chartered accountant, let me make the following observations:

Big 4 or others, where volume of work is very high, the articled students will always have pressure on time for study leave. When I was an articled student in a medium size firm, I had to take the help of an Income Tax official to get extra leave of about 15 days for my exams in May 1975,when new syllabus was introduced in Nov 1974 with Maths & Stats added for the first time in the curriculum. I did get through the exams in I attempt and finally I got 7th rank in Final (after failing in first two attempts!!!).

The period of article-ship provides an opportunity to the student to learn about different organisations, their way of working and the management styles. If your objective is to get into employment, get into audit department of your CA firm, whether it is big 4 or not and get involved in the finalisation of accounts. This will provide very strong foundation in your entire career. If your objective is to get into practice, get into a medium size firm and get exposed to various types of  clients, big and small companies, partnership firms and even proprietary concerns, covering tax, audit and management services.

All the best!!!

SANYAM ARORA (“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”)   (20168 Points)

Originally posted by : Rishabh
Another Great article bro ! Really full of value. But want to enquire something .
At what time does your office start and on an average when do you take exit from office ? How far is your home from office ? Do they provide you cab service ? How are you managing your studies now ?
What is the stipend ?
Are you happy with your decision of joining big 4 now or do you regret it ?
How did you got in big 4 ?
Interview questions asked ?
I have asked you so many questions :P

First of all sorry rishab for repling so late.

1. i start up at 7 in the morning and come back around 9 to 10 avaragely.

2. Nearly aroung 1 and a half hour.

3. Yes they are providing cab service.

4.yes i am happy with my decesion.

5. Interview asked question in my next article.

1 Like

(Guest)

thanks bro for your reply :)

waiting for your next article  ! 

take care 

SANYAM ARORA (“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”)   (20168 Points)

Originally posted by : Richank Garg

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0in;
mso-para-margin-right:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0in;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Cambria","serif";
color:black;}

Truly a great help dear Sanyam by showing both sides of the coin to the CA Aspirants as far as article ship in BIG4 is concerned.

Your article will surely help lots of students.

RG

Thanks a lot RG..................!!!!!!1

@ ! @

SSDN

(Guest)

Nicely presented article worthy of a big thumbsup ...

As they say -NO PAIN, NO GAIN...

The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during war!!!!

Naresh (CA ) (365 Points)

3 yrs of struggle, 40 yrs of fun...the decision will vary from person to person....

But very nicely presented...this article shows that u come frm big 4

Thanks a lot dor sharing your personal experience

Cheers, have a bright future ahead

PRADEEP REDDY (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (664 Points)

nice explanation sanyam.....................

Originally posted by : aditya

Nicely presented article worthy of a big thumbsup ...

As they say -NO PAIN, NO GAIN...

The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during war!!!!

Thanks a lot aditya..............!!!!!1

Truly said by you bro.......!!!!!

@ ! @

ssdn

Originally posted by : bvijaya_kumar
I read the posting with interest. As a senior chartered accountant, let me make the following observations:
Big 4 or others, where volume of work is very high, the articled students will always have pressure on time for study leave. When I was an articled student in a medium size firm, I had to take the help of an Income Tax official to get extra leave of about 15 days for my exams in May 1975,when new syllabus was introduced in Nov 1974 with Maths & Stats added for the first time in the curriculum. I did get through the exams in I attempt and finally I got 7th rank in Final (after failing in first two attempts!!!).
The period of article-ship provides an opportunity to the student to learn about different organisations, their way of working and the management styles. If your objective is to get into employment, get into audit department of your CA firm, whether it is big 4 or not and get involved in the finalisation of accounts. This will provide very strong foundation in your entire career. If your objective is to get into practice, get into a medium size firm and get exposed to various types of  clients, big and small companies, partnership firms and even proprietary concerns, covering tax, audit and management services.
All the best!!!

Thanks a lot sir for sharing your experience........!!!!!

@ ! @

SSDN

Rahul Bansal (Finalist) (35929 Points)
Replied 25 September 2011

Thanks a lot to share all your personal experiences.

Prerna (CA Final Student) (308 Points)
Replied 25 September 2011

Thanks. this will definately help us in making the articleship decision. though i stil have a few questions:-

1) everyone says that exposure that you get while working in a Big 4 , you can never get in a mid or a small size firm. so what does that mean exactly?

I read your part 1 article too, so it says meet big clients, see how things work, and their oosum behaviour. but what exactly do ppl mean by exposure.

2) will i be able to cope up with all that is expected out of me? i mean its tough , thats what i feel.

3) getting choosen is also difficult. there were around 15 to 20 seats in deloitte mumbai for articleship after may 2011 attempt and there must be more than 500 applicants. i did try in pwc, the experience was amazing. didnt get it though.

just my questions. answer them whenever you get time.

and thanks a lot sharing your experience and thoughts about working in E&Y.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: