Indian Chartered Accountancy Course [CA]
Chartered accountancy is one of the most prestigious degrees in the world. In fact a CAs are considered to be a cut above the other accountants. The chartered accountant is the most in demand finance professional in the world today. It is a professional course at much lesser cost to the middle class to reach top class in life. The only thing the student to do is to understand more about the course and subject and work hard to get success. There is a myth that it is a course where in people struggle to get the qualification. It is not so. When student are tough in preparation exam will lose and vice versa. A person who fixed mission as Chartered Accountancy, he is must be sure about future plan. Those who spent considerable amount of time in understanding the subject and co-relating the same with practical problems will come out with good results in CA.
The course is not really tough; it is the student who is not having the stamina to face it. The course expects very minimum application and expert knowledge. Comparing to North Indians, the south Indians are not interested in Chartered Accountancy. The reason said by some of them is lack of awareness and fear of failure. One must understand that a ship can be safe when it is on shore but it was not built for that purpose. The parents are also wanted their childrens to be risk free. Everybody will agree with me that now the modern education is not for enhancing the knowledge it is being a weapon to earn money. Chartered Accountancy course gives an effect of yogi, understand more and do more in the world.
° A CA is one of the most sought after professional in the finance . There is a great dearth of young accounting professionals in the financial domain. It would provide you with leverage as the qualification of a chartered accountant is the highest and the toughest qualifications to have. Being a chartered accountant can provide you with a whole lot of opportunities.
° A CA would always have more opportunities to work overseas as the degree is recognized by a large of number of nations.
° The financial expertise as well as the business knowledge can make the CA a business leader in his country.
° The in depth experience as well as the rigorous training that a CA undergoes can help him in entering the higher echelons of management. Some of the CEOs of the worlds biggest companies are all chartered accountants.
° There are many other benefits that can be accrued to a chartered accountant. Being a globally recognized qualification, a chartered professional is the perfectly suited qualification on a global scale. The training that he undergoes prepares him to face any situation howsoever complex and difficult it might be as far as the finances of an organization are concerned.
° A Chartered Accountant works as auditor under companies act to report about the fairness of the companys financial reports, bookkeeping and also advising on tax and many other responsibilities.
° A Chartered Accountant is a person who understands the world better than others.
Requirements for becoming a Chartered Accountant
Under the existing chartered accountancy scheme of education, training and examination, the requirements for becoming a chartered accountant are as follows:
1. Enroll with the Institute for Common Proficiency Test (CPT) after passing class 10th examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto.
2. Appear in CPT after appearing in the senior secondary examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto and after completion of specified period (60 days) from the date of registration for CPT with the Board of Studies as on the first day of the month in which examination is to be held, viz., students registered on or before 1st April/1st October will be eligible to appear in June/December examination, as the case may be. However, candidate should pass both CPT and 10+2 before registering for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC).
3. Enroll for Group I or Group II or for both Group I and Group II of Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) to become Chartered Accountant.
4. Successfully complete 9 months of study course from the date of IPCC registration.
5.Successfully complete Orientation Course of one week spanning 35 hours and covering topics, such as personality development, communication skills, office procedure, business environment, general commercial knowledge, etc., before commencement of articled training.
6. Successfully complete 100 hours Information Technology Training (ITT) before commencement of articled training.
7. Appear and pass Group I as well as Group II of Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE). Group I is composed of four papers and Group II is composed of three papers.
8. Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years, on passing either Group I or both the Groups of IPCE.
9. Register for CA Final Course and prepare for CA Final Examination.
10. Undergo General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) (15 days) course while undergoing Final Course and serving the last 12 months of articled training.
11. Complete 3 years period of articled training.
12. Appear in the Final Examination on completion of the practical training or while serving last 6 months of articled training on or before the last day of the month preceding the month in which the examination is to be held.
13. Pass final examination and complete GMCS, if not completed earlier.
14. Enroll as a member of ICAI and designate as Chartered Accountant.
It is a globally recognized and well reputed course. The person who wants to shine in life must choose CA. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India has its own website www.icai.org any one can browse and get details about the CA course. In terms of monetary Remuneration in the industry, the Chartered Accountants are being compensated with minimum of six lakhs rupees per annum in India; when they fly outside it becomes five times more than what he gets in India.
All that required is three to four years of hard work and it will take you to the mountain of success. It is unknown many of us that whatever we do continuously it will become our habit. The method you are going to adopt to reach CA will become your attitude for the remaining part of your life. Remember, it is the racket which is going to carry the missile in you to the destination to explore the fruit of success in life. The more effectively you plan and prepare for this CA exam, will surly help to beat the world of problems in life. Let us remember Dr.A.B.J.A.Kalams words about Chartered Accountants Chartered Accountants are partners in Building Nation. My dear brothers and Sisters Come on!
The Author is a Chennai based Chartered Accountant and he can be reached at email@example.com