Composition Taxpayers can not find GSTR 4 (Quarterly Return) in their dashboard from the financial year 2019-20. A new return filing procedure was introduced in April 2019 and it is applicable from FY 2019-20 and onwards. Let's take a look at new changes.
What is GST CMP 08?
- Form CMP 08 is a statement cum challan to declare the details or summary of a taxpayer's self-assessed tax payable for a given quarter.
- Composition Taxpayers need to file Form CMP 08 quarterly instead of GSTR 4 from FY 2019-20.
- Composition Taxpayers need to file Form CMP 08 on Quarterly basis.
- Composition Taxpayer needs to pay tax quarterly on their sales as earlier.
- A taxpayer can file NIL return if his/her total liability is '0' for a given quarter.
What is the last date to file GST CMP 08?
Due date for CMP 08 is on or before 18th of the month succeeding the quarter. But the Last date is extended for Apr-Jun quarter upto 31st July 2019 due to unavailability of CMP 08 at the portal.
CMP 08 is still not available in the portal, what to do?
If you call GST helpdesk regarding this matter, they will tell you to wait for the next update. So, you need to wait and CMP 08 will be available very soon.
Do the taxpayers need to file GSTR 4?
GSTR 4 is needed to file annually instead of quarterly from FY 2019-20.
Notification for Due Date form CMP08 extended here