Tips to Prepare for MICS ( PCC / IPCC / CA Final )
Prepared by: CA Prakash Somani (CA, B.Com, NCFM (CMDM), Pursuing CS)
1. First and foremost thing is that coaching will not help much in this subject as it requires your own time and sittings.
2. One more thing which is very important is to prepare notes while reading because many terms in this subject is somehow unknown to CA Students.
3. At first you have to read it sequentially as it goes in that way only i.e. terms and concepts of 1st chapter will be used in 2nd and so on like unless you know what is network you can not understand further concepts so better to go sequentially.
4. First reading should be through though it takes lot of time, you have to spent good time for this subject for this purpose manage you time accordingly. Refer this link for time management Time Management Tips for CA Students
5. After first reading you can take important chapters first and then less important and so on.
6. You can not write anything in this subject unless you know the real meaning of terms.
7. Better to write answers with the help of flow charts as far as possible. (I will soon upload Flow Chart tips)
8. Module can be useful for this subject if it is read with full concentration.
9. Slogan funda will definitely be very useful here as there are lots of points in this subject. (I did the same)
10. No need to remember sections of cyber law and all. Refer past year papers and remember those section on which questions has been asked earlier.
11. You can refer “Rahul Shah” notes during exams. I don’t know if any of you ever heard of his notes. You can also refer Padhuka for this subject. I too wrote good notes but now I don’t know where they are?
12. You can write here in your own convenient way as module language would be little difficult to write but if you can manage… better J
13. Keep slogans with you all the time and read it whenever you got time. I generally prepare slogan on the basis of first letter of each point. You can use your own way to do it.
14. Your “rutta pravati” will work here as there are terms which can only be remember by reading it again and again.
15. Refer suggested answers or scanners to know the trend in exam.
16. Complete a particular topic and try to answer past year questions by writing answers with or without help of books. (Proved very helpful)
17. During exams you can follow point no 5 order.
18. Make sure that all your notes are arranged systematically
19. Keep some pages blank in your register after completion of each topic, put updates and other clarifications which may come afterward in your mind.
20. Check the pattern of question paper, instructions. Are there any changes? It's essential that you are aware of the paper style
21. Revision has to be done by keeping the outline of the chapters. This will make you go through them quick and easy.
Below point are common for all subjects:
22. Take short breaks and study. Without break you can not get more output in this subject at least.
23. It is not important how many hours you study; it is more important how well you have studied.
24. Time yourself while you are studying. It's essential that you finish one chapter and take 5 minutes break to do anything of your hobby to make you fresh (Listen Music)
25. Talk less to keep only specific thoughts in your mind as during exam time less you talk and more you walk will keep you charge.
26. Here I can not help you out much as myself has forgotten lots of terms probably. www.psomani.caclubindia.com
27. Reward yourself with an ice-cream or a brief outing (Avoid sour things like Dahi , Butter Milk etc) after a good day's work. I am sure you know why you should avoid sour things?
“KEEP THE FLAME ALIVE”