In this article I am going to give some tips regarding how to face a job interview. These are as follows:
1. The very first thing is to prepare a good resume. This will ensure that you will get calls from the job consultants who may shortlist your resume from the internet job portals.
2. Your Resume must contain the following ingredients, Your Qualifications in detail like %age marks obtained, Year of passing, University, any awards obtained, seminars attended etc.
3. Your Resume must also highlight your work experience in detail in each company. For this you have to recollect the major work done in each organization and mention in your Resume. This will make your Resume stand apart from others. But don’t write any kind of work/assignment not done by you because writing anything false will not give you enough confidence required to face the interview.
4. Always reach the interview place 15-20 minutes before the scheduled time. This will make you comfortable at the place of interview.
5. If you are a smoker, then see to it that the smell doesn’t disturb the people around. Take mouth freshner pills before the interview.
6. When you enter the interview room, greet the interviewer with respect and occupy the seat when told to do so.
7. During the interview, maintain eye contact with the interviewer. Also you must have a smile on your face.
8. When asked about your salary, always say 20% more. Then the person taking the interview will negotiate and then will reduce it to the salary which is your actual expected salary.
9. Never sign any bond or agreement that will bind you to work for the company for a particular period of time.
10. If you don’t know the answer of any question, say it clearly that you don’t know that.
11. Be positive throughout the interview and always remember that even if you fail in that it will at least give you experience so that you will perform good in another company interview. So be cheerful and fearless and try to give the answers to all the questions with good confidence.
12. Always listen to the interviewer carefully what he/she is saying or asking; what information about the job responsibility, job profile, information about the company he/she is giving. Listening is an essential part of communication. Then politely answer to his/her questions. There is nothing wrong if you wait for 10-20 seconds before answering the question or making any decision.
13. Always be honest in your dealings. Honesty is a quality which the interviewer sees in the candidates. Even a dishonest person wants to have honest employees. So cultivate this habit in you.
14. Always remember that sometimes not getting what you want may be a matter of luck. So don’t worry about that. Prepare yourself well and leave rest to God. All the Best.
CA. Chhaviraj Joshi