(A) TWO SIDES OF A COIN – SUCCESS AND
Well finally we have our CA Final and CPT results out on 21st January. Many of our CCI members changed their profile name on that day for e.g. Manmohan to CA Manmohan but there are always two sides of a coin. If 15 % of our seniors succeeded then it was not a very good day for rest 85 % of them. I remember some of the members posting topics like "I Lost" and "What to do next?”
Well these are quite obvious reactions from their side and I can understand it as I myself has gone through that phase. We often relate two terms with such a situation - Failure and Frustration.
The reason of failure differs from person to person. I can't guide you how to study and where did u lack as u r the best judge of yourself. But ya what I can share from my experience is how to prepare yourself again for the fight and cope up with result frustration.
See failure and frustration are two things related to each other. Failure leads to Frustration. Many nice articles are posted by my friends for e.g. Never Quit by Resham on how to deal with failure. I will give you some suggestions on how to deal with the result frustration as you have very less time to prepare again for your next attempt and thus add to the points posted by some eminent CCI members....
People say that in CA we get 6 months to prepare for next attempt but according to me you get 3 effective months only. 2.5 Months result ka wait karte hai aur 15 din result discuss karne mein ki hamare ilawa aur kaun fail hua hai...
Haan 2 Mahine toh hum nahi bacha sakte but these 10-15 days are very important. It is obvious that you will not feel like studying after a negative result but what is required is to analyze
Yaar ek baar ko maan bhi lun ki result % kam tha toh isse kya faydaa. I mean tum paas toh nahi ho jaoge. See these r just an excuse to convince yourself. Rahi baat discussion ki toh tumhare friend ko nahi pta ki tumne exam mein kya galti ki hai.
Some common discussion after results are:-
“Ek dum bekaar result tha”
"ICAI toh hume paas hi nahi karna chahti”
Yaar such discussion is of no use. If you have some pro with the examiner then you can apply for revaluation but till then you s'd make
(C) HOW TO DEAL WITH FRUSTRATION?
(1) Every Success story is also a story of a great failure. The only difference is that they never gave up. So don't get discouraged if it takes a little longer than you expected.
(2) Play Music that inspires you. Music is a great stress buster. Refer my Article Role of Music in CA
(3) Sit quietly in a natural setting and feel the beauty of nature. It will have you to relax your mind. It also teaches you lots of things. Refer my article Nature our true Teacher
(4)Talk to your best friend but not about the result but something else. It helps to build up your energy levels.We do absorb energy from others and friends plays a gr8 role in CA. Refer my article Role of friends in CA
(5) Ask yourself, "What is working in this situation?”. Your thoughts play a major role in
(6) Stay Positive - Yes you can learn alot from your failure. It will tell you what not to do in your next attempt. Taking a break and remembering to keep your sense of humor can also help. This time of frustration will pass. A positive mind is far more open to solutions and answers than a negative one that thinks it’s just “hopeless” and thinks “what’s the use?” A closed mind will not be able to see the possible solutions when they do come along. Stay positive.
As with any problem, the solution is to figure out what your options are, decide on a plan, focus, and then take action. By using the above 6 steps, you should find that you’re running into fewer problems and feeling less frustration. Instead, you may find that you’re running into opportunities and you know exactly how to take advantage of them.
pulkit_1988 @ rediffmail.com