In this article I will give some tips to succeed in life which will be helpful to the layman and professional both.
1. A person can himself judge what potential he/she has. Nobody else can estimate what are the capabilities of a person, if at all he/she judges, it will not be accurate.
2. Remember always that:
WHERE THERE IS WILL, THERE IS
BUT WHEN THE WILL IS ILL, THERE IS
3. But be careful, which way you are going, (DIRECTION IS IMPORTANT THAN SPEED) if you are following the footsteps of our great personalities like Mahatma Gandhi, Swami Vivekananda, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel or atleast your forefathers and ancestors, then you are one among the hundred or thousand people who can be termed as person of righteousness and task of greater responsibility can be given to you. If a monkey is given a sword and a fly sits on his owner’s nose, he will definitely cut the nose of his owner. This shows what type of people should be given which responsibility. YATHA RAJA TATHA PRAJA, means the subjects tend to behave in the same pattern as their King.
Acharya Chanakya (Chanakya is derived from the word Chanak means a type of grass “kush” which is pointed and very sharp, depicts his intelligence), has written in his classic book, “Chanakya Neeti” that in countries where the Kings stay in palaces and skyscrappers, the subject resides in small dwellings, whereas in countries where the subject resides in palaces, the king resides in small dwellings.
4. Don’t judge success by the bank balance or the property or other possessions, as money can never satiate a person, (NA HI VITTEN TARPANIYO MANUSHYO) more so it is a saying that a person will not be satisfied even if he is given the Lanka made of Gold. The thirst for money can never be satisfied by any means. At the time of deathbed, even if you give all your money (lacs, crores…) to the doctors, still he won’t be able to add not even one minute of breaths to your life.
5. There is a saying which goes as:
DUNIYA ME AAYE, KHUB KAMAYA, KYA HIRE, KYA MOTI,
MAGAR KYA KARE YARO, KAFAN ME JEB NAHI HOTI,
JO KUCH SAATH LEKE JAYE, SAATH ME TO SIRF HARI NAAM KA KHAJANA JATA HAI……
6. Instead of being crazy after material comforts, resort to our satsashtras, which will give immense peace, joy and sense of completeness in life. Believe me, a degree of Ph.D. will give you a good post, high salary, beautiful wife and so on, but a Bhagvadgeeta book worth Rs. 15/- will drastically change your life, give you the feeling of oneness with God. It is rightly said that “SA VIDYAYA VIMUKTYE”, Vidya vahi hai jo bandhano se mukta kar de. So the person who has knowledge of BRAHMAVIDYA is happy even in a Jungle or Jail.
CHAH GAYI, CHINTA MITI, MANWA BEPARVAH,
JINKO KUCH NA CHAHIYE, VE HAIN SHAHON KE SHAH…
7. Following are the key factors for success provided you are in the correct moral path:
- Brahmacharya, i.e. restraining from sensual pleasures by words, speech & action.
- Ahimsa i.e. non violence means abstain from eating meat, etc.
- Maun i.e. silence – speaking what is only necessary.
- Satva Guna i.e. abstaining from all rajasik & tamasik deeds like drinking, smoking, disco etc, maintaining cleanliness of body, cutting nails regularly, refraining from the junk food, etc
JAISA KHAO ANNA, WAISA BANE MAN,
JAISA PIYE PANI, WAISA BANE WANI…
- Doing Yoga, Pranayama, on a regular basis.
- Keeping company of good people, saints etc. because
AGAR SATSANG NAHI HOGA JEEVAN ME TO, KUSANG JAROOR HOGA…..
(Kusang means bad company which will lead to disaster)
- Daily give some time for prayer, as it will purify our mind. As we need to bathe daily for physical cleanliness, so prayer, reading spiritual books, should form part of our daily activities for internal cleanliness. Most people think that prayer etc should be done after we retire when we have ample time, but there is no point in moving towards GOD when your body is aged, as you cant do meditation, japa, pranayama, etc at that age.
- Read books as much as possible as it will keep you busy & also enrich your knowledge. Never be idle, as IDLE MIND IS DEVIL’S WORKSHOP. Moreover knowledgeable people are respected everywhere whereas a king is respected in his own kingdom. GODDESS LAXMI (OF WEALTH) MAY AT TIMES ABANDON YOU, WHEREAS GODDESS SARASWATI (OF WISDOM/KNOWLEDGE) ONCE COMES, STAYS PERMANENTLY.
- ALSO, ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM AT THE TOP. So, in the short run, it may seem that you have achieved nothing, but when it is considered in the long run, you definitely have surpassed others. So do not worry about not getting what is due to you, keep a pleasant disposition, success will automatically come to you.
8. According to me, following are the parameters based on which success should be measured although the general notion among people is that success is directly proportional to money.
a. Good Health
b. Respect in society
d. Mental peace
e. Ample money for sustenance
f. Long life
g. Contribution to the country, or the general society/public. Even a mosquito can fill its stomach, reproduce and survive, so survival should not be the only goal. Patriotism is a must for every individual.
h. Spiritual Development
I would like to highlight point no. h, because generally people once go to religious places like Tirupati Balaji, Haridwar, or other big temple, church, gurudwara, etc and they think that their work is finished of worshipping God. But our shastras say that there is no need to do this labourious job of visiting all these places, wherever you are, you can recite the name of the Lord and gain benefit out of it. A beautiful Sanskrit shloka on this subject goes as under:
NA GANGA, NA
JIVHAGRE VARTATE YASYA, HARI ITI AKSHAR DWAYAM.
Meaning: The person, who has these two letters on the tip of his tongue “HA,RI”, for such a person, there is no need of taking bathe in the Ganga river, or visit
However, the unfortunate part is that, in this so called modern era of hifi technology, people are using the bad words in their language just like punctuation mark (full stop, comma, etc) Instead of this, if they recite Hari Om, Ram, Ram, or Narayana Hari, or Vitthala, they will increase their balance of Punya which will be helpful in their next birth. But people are mad after increasing the bank balance, which after some years they have to leave & die.
WE ARE RICH IN RESOURCES, HOWEVER, MORALLY WE ARE VERY POOR.
There are two main reasons for this:
- Our Education system which was designed by British, which made our mind believe that our old beliefs & traditions are useless and
- All that is western is the correct thing.
Especially the youth of the country are affected by the western culture and disliking our good old Indian tradition, which is a dangerous sign for the future of this nation.
I will sum up the above in the following words:
“EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE”
“WO KAUN SA UKDA HAI, JO HO NAHI SAKTA,
TERA JEE NA CHAHE, TO HO NAHI SAKTA,
CHHOTA SA KEEDA PATTHAR ME GHAR KARE,
INSAAN KYA DILE DILBAR ME GHAR NA KARE….”