There is often a discussion as to who is superior, a CA or a MBA. There are certain facts after that one will be able to identify as both are so different, that one can't really compare between the two :-
1. A CA is a course that one do just after completing his class 12 exams, whereas for doing a MBA one must be graduated.
2. For doing a CA there is only one institute in whole India i.e. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, whereas for doing MBA there are countless number of Institutions and Colleges which provide such qualification.
3. A degree of CA provides the basic and core knowledge into different subjects like taxes, accounting, Auditing, Financial Management etc. whereas a MBA has exposure in just one field, whether it is Finance, Human Resource, Marketing or others.
4. If one look at the pattern of the CA course, whether one is in some small places or even in big cities, the qualification marks are the same and the question paper is also the same, so one can't differentiate between the place from where one has passed his exam, the degree from the Institute speaks for itself, whereas in MBA one has to mention the Institute or College from where one has done , whereas the top priority are given to IIMs and least to some colleges which has not so much of recognition .
5. If one looks at the fees one pays for doing a CA it will be less than Rs. 50,000/- for a minimum of four and half year course, whereas for an MBA one pays more than Rs. 10,00,000/- for a two year course especially for reputed colleges or institutions.
6. After doing a CA, one is capable of making a profession in various fields like Auditing, Finance, Consultant, Advisor etc, whereas after doing a MBA there are not so much of options available.
7. One biggest advantage of CA course is the three years of its Article-ship, where one gets an exposure of the corporate world, and an idea of what one has to do in future whereas in MBA this important expect is missing.
The one question which often strikes our mind is as to why there is no comparison between a Doctor with MBA, an Engineer with MBA and only of CA with MBA. The course of studies is all different for a CA and MBA, but still there is always a comparison between the two as they often collide in the organisational hierarchy for the work they are doing as both CAs and MBAs are the CFO, CEO, COO, MD of big multinational companies. But still at the end a CA is fully capable of doing the work which a MBA does in an organisation but the same is not true vice versa. So at the end to conclude, we should respect each and every course and should not differentiate or compare between the two or to find out which is superior.