Easy Office

Why only 1/2 attempt cleared CA selected for good job?

Page no : 4

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

@ Everyone.................. 

You are all mentioning about practice and what will happen at later stage.... But what Shashank has asked is why is Mr. X given a lower post and salary although he has more knowledge and experience.....

If seen from the point of view of the employer, 1st attempt ( academics ) is more important and they will continue to remain so for the foreseeable future. We all can make all noise over experience and practical exposure but the reality is there is NO STANDARDIZED AND PERFECT WAY to judge them given the varying amount of exposure a Fresh CA has in his kitty. The only comparable and standardized thing on which a fresh CA would be tested is his Exams. .

Just to give an example. Suppose a Company has to select among a pool of applicants for one post. If it only considers 1st attempt candidates, it has to screen only 100 applicants. And if it widens the pool to all CA's then the pool will be much more than 100. The cost benefit ratio of screening an applicant will be thrown out of proportion. Also, a company which hires only 1st attempt CA's and Class colleges MBA's has a better chance of showing off to clients to win business as it has a better talent pool ( as gauged by the market )......

(Guest)

@ koolleo87

I agree with you.

Rknahar (Rupesh Kumar Nahar) (85 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

My Dear ALL...

If u think from company point of view, they have document proof of your qualification & Number of attempts.

Nobody provides the proof & quantify of their experiences. So d company has best criteria of selecting CA’s is only no. of marks & attempts & accordingly they pay them.Pay scale decreases as d no. of attempts increase.

And those who passed in 1st attempts much have some potential & guts which is not with others. And he would proudly say that he had cleared in 1st attempt & other tongue will stammer in saying 2nd.3rd.4.or so on….

So Mr.X has potential & guts than he will definitely overtake him in the race of professional life in future.

So don’t get upset, this is called Professional life.

Durga Datta Dash (CA Final Student) (76 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

My Dear Friends

If Today i am a student & tomorrow result came out & I got cleared in first attempt, nothing will changed from my angle.but logon ki expection badh jati hai.... the thought first attempt means he/she knows each and every thing.

First attempt/Rank etc... gives u good entry but may not growth.There are many students who are far intelligence then the Rank holders but there may be some reason for performance in exam.

Thanx

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

I beg to differ. A first attempt or rank will give you not only entry but also growth..... Nowadays, given the concern about the dilution of brand value of CA's and MBA's, most organisations have in place not only experience but also qualification. For eg - All top companies in the industry have certain positions at the top which can be taken up only by Rank Holder CA's or MBA's from IIM and no one else......... 

Tania Sharma (something) (96 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

i feel it is better that co's are not considering practical knowledge.There is no set format for our training, which usually depends upoun the whims of our Sirs. There are many cases where article assistants are misused and oppurtunities are denied to them.

In contrast our CA papers are cleared on our own efforts now 1 can interfere or do it for us. Not only does it provide a platform where all students can be judjed on the same basis it also shows are own caliber an dedication.

The basic thinking is that a student serious in his carreer will do articleship fairly but not get obsessed with it.His goal is to  clear CA. He should be able to juggle both

2 Like

saurabh jain (delhi) (28 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

reason that ,

1st attempt student has more understanding skills than more attempt student.

understanding skills will help the company to make strategy quickly to  face difficult times by understanding that unknown difficult.

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

i agree to taniya

there should be proper regulation about the training

har koi alag alag aspect cover kar raha hain during the exams

ca amarjit chpra says he is going to make question papers 100% practical

but why does he close eyes on the issue that all ca firms are not alike

also ICAI has banned on transfers due to which if a article wannts to take transfer to cover other aspects of traning which are not getting covered in his articleship 

wat can he do ?

i feel if a student is not having proper exposure during his proper articleship it is to be blamed to the ICAI as well 

student is not 100% guilty

all of us know that more than 60% firms are engaged in audit or taxation work

how can ICAI ask total 100% practical question on say IDT ( which is least covered in articleship) assuming that the student must be covering it !!!

2 Like

Gopal G (CA Final ) (44 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

If you clear the exam in forth or fifth attempt, MNC's might be thinking that one's IQ is less as compare to one who cleared the exam in very first or second and third attempt and his capacity of grasping  and learning is low as well. MNC's require only qualified person but I am not sure they allot a job which suits to qualified person, since some time they recruit qualified staff even for copy and pasting job. may I right?

ANIRBAN DAS (CMA, B.Com, CA Final,) (1522 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

I completely agree with the reasons given by Ravi the ICAI is also responsible and must upgrade itself if it wants to upgrade the students

priyanka bathwal (student) (160 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

Mr. Shashank

I respect your opinion.

But I just feel that if a person have calliber he will be doing good in all fields be it exam or practical life.

Priyanka

(Guest)

@ Priyanka,

True, if one has caliber, he/she will excel but who can say when, after a year or two......see my view is that Institute along with companies have to work in this regard.

Thanks,

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

ICAI's flawed training is to be blamed. Industry isn't. IF a city like ahmedabad which produces rankers in CA every time; gets such a bad placements; i feel MR X is lucky. He can work for a few years then leave to start practise.

robin (article assistance) (107 Points)
Replied 22 May 2010

to koi yeh to bataye ki institute says that training is most important but dummy agar ek baar mein pass hota hai aur ek good trainee 3 rd attempt mein pass hota hai to use to chai ki dukan khol leni chaiye kyonki jitna pay use milega vo to chai vala bhi kama leta hai.

my only mean to say that only degree matter not ur work or experience?

koi agar bhul jayyee to yaad dila dena ki heera nikalta koyele ki khan mein se hi hai

CA Mallika Chaudhary (CWA Final and CA) (418 Points)
Replied 22 May 2010

In the long run, all that matters is ur knowledge and understanding abt the business ethics, environment, and profession.

Attempts matter only in the initial phase....later on, all that matters is ur caliber and skills...

Infact, I cleared PCC in 1st attempt, but my senior, who had cleared in 3rd attempt is much stronger conceptually, coz he knows the concepts in and out....

3 hrs of an exam cannot decide our future....we need 2 believe in ourselves to achieve our goals in life...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: