Guidence requested for a Finance Professional with 16 plus years of experience

I am a Finance Professional with 16+ years of experience. I completed my MBA in Finance before starting my career. Seeking a professional guidance from the foram that now at the age of 40 shall I go for CMA India or go for completion of Dip IFRS from ACCA with CMA (US) as I commuting maximum time with my jobs and family to strengthen my career. Or I shall do CIMA. When I am from manufacturing and treding background. 

Your valuable feedback awaited as I am unable to take my further decision. I welcome everyones suggestions to support my decision towards my career.

Thanks 

Replies (1)
  • Evaluate Career ROI at 16+ Years Experience: At over 16 years of experience in senior roles (Finance Controller), adding heavily foundational qualifications like CMA India from scratch may offer diminishing returns compared to executive-level strategic credentials.

  • Dip IFRS (ACCA): Highly recommended if your manufacturing/trading profile deals with multinational clients, corporate consolidations, or companies transitioning to Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS) / IFRS. It is a focused, single-exam credential that can be completed relatively quickly alongside a busy schedule.

  • CMA (US) or CIMA: Both are excellent for management accounting, strategic financial planning, and global mobility. However, CMA (US) can typically be completed faster (around 6–12 months) than CIMA, making it more practical if time management with family and commute is a major constraint.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details