Easy Office

Why only 1/2 attempt cleared CA selected for good job?

Page no : 3

Niki (Student CA Final ) (108 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

Please visit the below thread for an interesting question for which each one of us is looking for an answer...

/forum/diff-books-for-diff-audit-topics-ca-final--84004.asp

priyanka bathwal (student) (160 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

Tell me if you are an employer and is sitting for interview

you wolld choose the smarter one or laborious one

obviously the smarter one

If someone qualifies in one attempt then obviously there is some great calliber in the person

Rest all is fate

If Mr. X is having more calliber he will go ahead one day but he needs to prove himself

2 Like

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

To quality CA in first attempt at IPCC and Final shows that the student possesses good analytical skills, presentation skills and better strategy than others which show he can face difficult situations successfully. 

When the prospective employers judge that the candidates who have scored "success" in first attempt all the time then they think that these are suitable candidates for them.

My opinion is restricted to the question raised. 

3 Like

Shrikant (Chartered) (86 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

Ms. Priyanka and Surendra sirs views tells me to think that

1. you have to take dummy n cleared CA in first attempt to get good job coz it is primary point of getting job.

2. In Nagpur only 5 person are capable to clear Final 2nd gr. by good grace of Mr. Agarwal...now only one got job offer ...salary offered was such a less that Some street pan shopwala can earn more money ...like 2.5 l...what is that.

3. Recruters in MNC are suppose to be CA itself....how can they  make parameter of knowledge of CA on basis of attempt.

4. I wonder if I suggest anybody to do CA now or in future.

A____ __A (Student All-ways) (275 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

Ok let me make this simple.

a person who had an attempt will not accept above or will accept it but he can not ignore that attemps does matter....

i mean let's be honest what an attempt its a courage to overcome failiour that you earlier had..

so what we should focusing  on is that howmany attemps we had priviously we will clear current examination in a first go..

reason saying is that do not seed your mind negetively by saying "it does not matter " or don't get dihearted by beleiving oh sh*t it matters"

Live in present . Learn from Past and improve your future...

be positive and persist positivity .. your life is a perfect reflection of you...every that happans to you , you are the cause of it...

in short " it's all about STATE OF MIND , Acheive it"

( answer of your upcoming question after reading above that " I have cleared all my examination in first attempt...Thanks)

$wap$ (Assistant Auditor) (189 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

Dear Shashank..

I think even when we buy any items from the market.. we ensure that we are buying the best. We look for discrepancies if any in that item, we look for brand, we look for quality and we look for our need.

Similarly companies look for such expectations from candidates. No. of attempts might be one of the criteria for their evaluation. Nothing wrong in it!

In your example, Mr. X should bluntly RESIGN stating his conditions to his superiors. Why does he have to work in such a situation? Are there not enough jobs for him if he is so good?

For students - "KARAM KAR PHAL KI CHINTA MAT KAR" Nobody is going to snatch away a single rupee from your income if you have TALENT. Proving that talent is only what you must do.

2 Like

RG(BCom,CA,CS,CMA,CFA,DISA,MBA (Professional) (1028 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

the best criteria to judge a fresh CA in an interview is the No. of attempts..(purely my opinion).. because apart from proving your bookish knowledge..it proves your Time Management Skills, Stress Management Skills, Presentation Skills, Calibre, Hard Work, Smart Work..

I would love to quote my example only..i have on my resume CA, CS n CWA (with top rankings in all) n i was not even asked a single question about my practical experience (one of the BIG 4)..neither in first round nor till third round..

So your attempts does matter for sure..atleast in first job but after that you have to prove yourself for sure..

CA Jaydeep Bhowal (Service) (163 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

Dear Shasank, i want to tell u a fact that peoples are either relatively happy or relatively sad..........

Here Mr. X was happy untill he heard that Mr. Y got more CTC than him..............

Companies can't able to judge any candidate within 30 min.......So, certain X factors are taken into consideration, like no. of attempt, rank, communication skill, appearance, confidence etc.

Companies need CAs and in campus placement every body is CA, so what they should do??????

Experience do not matter for ur first job......

One eg: when i appear for campus placement , one of my friend have an experience of doing internal audit for 1 year in Vedanta.....and the same co. reject him in the interview besides knowing everything and he was also a rank holder.

So, thats the equation.......Race is just begin......................!!!!!!!!

Amit Ingale (Student CA Final) (1454 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

This is harsh (Kadawa) truth , and we must accept it.

And there are so many cases, of people you have cleared CA in first (or second) attempt , without real exposure to practice, (especially Dummy articleship). and got ahead with those you had huge practical knowlegde but took mpre than 1 or 2 attempts.

1 Like

Advocate Naval Puri (Tax Consultant) (31 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

IN MY OPINION PRACTICE IS BETER THAN JOB. IF U HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE U MUST DO PRACTICE. MY DEAR IN JAB U R SERVANT . I PREFER SELF PRACTICE. IN JOB U CAN,T IMPROVE UR KNOWLEDGE.

1 Like

Tushar (Service) (107 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

Hi All,

Why so much hue and cry  whether 1st attempt pass out or not? Mr. X bolo if he is not happy with profile/CTC  then switch over to some other company.... It is very common practice across industry.....

Regards

Tushar Lathi

1 Like

Ajay kumar (assistant) (481 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

Mr Shashank U r forgetting that  C.A  can also setup his Office and can earn more than Salried emplyoee.. And he need not to go anywhare from his home .............. I Hate that people who go to miles away from his home just because they got  a good salary..............I just want to say money is for person and not person is make for money........

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

many people do jobs first so as to gather capital to start a practise as well as to build contacts. So this is a serious issue.
1 Like

(Guest)

I agree to you all. Different person have different perceptions. Its correct that this would be for 1st job only, but lets c from different angle also. In most MNC, works are purely routine one. There will be some accounting software which u have to run and do all the formulation, or something different may be. After a month or two of training, every one get use of it and some who learn from there mistake can excel fast in this scenario.

Like if Mr Y adopt this situation and start exceling, then when he will apply for another job, recruiter will ask some normal question and experience related to previous job. So i think he will again be on gud position.

If u r on post of Analyst, trainee or A.M, then in one jump you cant be process manager or D.Fmanager. You can only add a hirerchy in ur profile. I regularly see this in my office, thats y i share this with you guys. and hence i think the first break choose direction of ur path.

With due respect to all employer, it would be better that they should adopt some analytical as well as logical mean to test a calibar of CA, and not go by their number of attempts.

Thanks

DEVANGANA H UDANI (AUDITOR) (22 Points)
Replied 21 May 2010

If any candidate passed the CA in first or second attemp then naturally he is strong in his basic than to other candidate. So. big cos hire first or second attemp CA

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: