Easy Office

Why only 1/2 attempt cleared CA selected for good job?

Page no : 5

neha gupta (ca ) (188 Points)
Replied 22 May 2010

yup.no of attemps is a contable matter at the time of placement..i dnt knw why its happened bt this is a kind of mindset tht the person who clear ca in first attempt is supose to be intelligent n he can manage all works sincerely wd gd level of intelligence......

CA IN PRACTICE... ( CA ) (490 Points)
Replied 22 May 2010

I also agree with Mr. sree

At first stage u face problem (agar galti ki hai toh thoda saja toh bhugatni padagi)

but later on your experiance matters.

thanks

Sagar (Audit and Tax Assistant)   (27 Points)
Replied 23 May 2010

There were Cos. like ICICI and JSW Steel this time in the Mumbai Campus this time that were offering salary to candidates who had taken more than 1 attempt to pass that were about Rs.1.5 lacs p.a less than the salary offered to first attempters.I think that Insti. should ban these kind of Cos. as they merely taking the advantage of the situation of multiple attempters by offering them less salary and thus reducing their cost.

Also,what about those students who could not pass in 1 attempt due to the suspect paper evaluation methods adopted by the Institue?

Lomini Golechha (Paid Assistant) (29 Points)
Replied 23 May 2010

i just wanna know that the companies while interviewing ask for CA - Final's number of attempts or other attempt too?

Lomini Golechha (Paid Assistant) (29 Points)
Replied 23 May 2010

12583 (Student) (39 Points)
Replied 24 May 2010

MR ALDRINE..everyone does not have a good financial backup and infrastructure with them,,so they decide to go outside for the better prospects..

kaustubh (student) (34 Points)
Replied 24 May 2010

It is the attitude  you show in campus helps in  geting more package. not attempt & not degree you carry with you. i have example i don`t quote name in this reply. those student are doing there articleship Seriously  will get more package. Dummy articles are no value in this profession. though they selected & get more package but  after some months when company knows about their practicle knowledge. company reduce their package or dismiss them. & THIS IS A FACT NO ONE CAN CHALLENGE A CA ARTICLE WHO DONE  ARTICLESHIP SERIOUSLY in his/her articleship period.  

SAURABH (AUDIT HEAD) (52 Points)
Replied 24 May 2010

true for only 1st job

chandrik (ca) (21 Points)
Replied 25 May 2010

As far as I have seen and observed that for getting 1st job u need to be a 1st or 2nd attempt CA. After that u have to prove ur worth. I know about 1 rankholder who was selected by a big co. and after 1 year that rankholder was fired due to non-performance. Practical knowledge is also required apart from technical skills. Everyone knows what r CA exams. I have seen many rankholders failing in CA exams, but it doesn't that they r not brainy, luck factor is also there in CA exams.

Nitin Moudgil (~) (694 Points)
Replied 25 May 2010

Originally posted by : kaustubh

It is the attitude  you show in campus helps in  geting more package. not attempt & not degree you carry with you. i have example i don`t quote name in this reply. those student are doing there articleship Seriously  will get more package. Dummy articles are no value in this profession. though they selected & get more package but  after some months when company knows about their practicle knowledge. company reduce their package or dismiss them. & THIS IS A FACT NO ONE CAN CHALLENGE A CA ARTICLE WHO DONE  ARTICLESHIP SERIOUSLY in his/her articleship period.  

boss sahi bola yar...

seeker (JUNIOR OFFICER) (227 Points)
Replied 27 May 2010

Dear Sir

I want to add my view on why MNC Prefer the C.A passed out in single attempt against the people with number of attempts in spite of their comparatively higher knowledge.

I want to put an example of a film :

There was a film starring Farrukh Shekh, Naseerudin shah and Deepti naval, Their character was as under

Naseerudin Shah – Depicted as tortoise, very hard worker, very gentle, and ideal man, with all the characteristics of Lord Rama, In office her colleague used to transfer their work to him which he would do without complaining, He always tried to go by rules, He even does not respond to flirting or here women colleagues. He secretly like a girl Deepti Naval her neighbor .

Farookh Sheikh – He was shown as rabbit. He was a old friend of Naseerudin. Who was recently appointed in naseer’s office, He was the person who was completely westernized in his dress senses, very good communicator much like metro city guy. He was very low in knowledge of his work . Still with in a week ha has gained access to director office and from that in to his house and finally into the heart of director’s director and wife, he was a true flirt with no morals. All his office work was done by naseer sitting late in office.

Deepti Naval – A simple middle class girl who used to visit nasser’s house some time.

Now Farookh started visiting at naseer house, there he started showing interest in deepti naval, Naseer told him she is very good girl and he can not play game with her.

Farookh challenged him and with in 1-2 week deepti was won by farookh,

Where as Naseer has all the quality of what a girl want still he could not propose her and at the same time with in a month of interaction a girl gave heart to a unknown charming man.

Naseer watch this silently but could not do any thing because he does not have those qualities require to won some body’s heart, what he has is definitely solid but comes secondary.

Now you put as

FAROOKH – C.A pass out in first attempt

Good communicator , Good Planner, Risk taker, Leader, High Confidence

Low Knowledge, Low Reliability, Opportunistic, Low loyality

Deepti     - MNC ( Need to be enticed. Mystry )

NASEER        - C.A Pass out in many attempts ,

hard worker, high in knowledge

Low in communication, Poor Planner, Poor Resources. Low Confidence

Small Town Student ( Majority ),  

Now what MNC Want

She wants person with following quality

First of All

A  CA DEGREE with First Attempt

That Farookh get by  Dummy Article or Coaching from Good Teacher or any other means. But he gets by his Smartness or in some cases by Hard Work..

High Confidence

( Most of M.N.C Managers in Finance either have to take work from their subordinates or handle Govt Authorities , ( They have to handle Excise, Taxation Authorities every next month ) or clients in some sectors )

Here Person’s  Confidence becomes prime Factor and Knowledge comes secondary.

With this confidence Farookh was able to Court Deepti

Good communicator

He know what Deepti ( MNC ) wants , He is able to present his strong Points and hide his low points if front of her.

With his Good communication skill ( Flattery ) he could hit the core of Deepti’s heart with naseer could not do in years.

Good Strategist

If person is 1st attempt CA pass out, see he is able to identify his strength and weakness, he knows where and how to over come his weakness, who is the best teacher in accounts, how to access him.

He will be a dummy for later years for article ship, he will definitely do article ship for some time in initial year to get a taste. He will save his energy and time by opting for dummy in later years.

He is flexible in his approach, A caculated risk taker.

In this way he will utilize his resources efficiently,

When a person fails in any attempt, this shows some lack of  preparation in some quarter of  his strategy. ( Luck factor is ignored )

When MNC is not compromising on Compensation the why they will compromise on a poor planner or communicator, or Confidence

In this thread one first time CA pass out has said he did not get placement due to poor communication skill

Now who has stopped that CA to work on his communication Skill, when middle standard pass 18 years Guide can speak fluently with tourist in Agra or Rajasthan

WHY CAN NOT A CA can work on his this weakness.

As a Indian We are full of highly competent people, Competition is very tough here, One wrong decision at Secondary Stage can rarely be amended in later stage of life.

So once gone in to battle you have to master all the aspects of war, why expects  discount,

Acquire those skills that requires in today’s world apart from Knowledge that can also come by experience later on.

Read Business Magazines, be in the Company of  Main Stream, watch English movies, see discovery channels, do what today’s people do,

Most importantly do not isolate from main stream in pursuit of  knowledge.

Today  one has to be Complete in all aspects .

2 Like

Replied 01 June 2010

I again emphasis that in today’s time only hard work will not give you success, you have to be smart and acquire other skill like communication, behavior and social skill simultaneously.

This does not mean that all first time C.A Pass out are smarter  than other but you see they are able to utilize their resources efficiently, whether it is time, coaching, method and other factors.

In Campus Interview too they are able to hide their low knowledge with their better communication Skill compare to many time attempted candidates.

People Who could not clear in initial attempts might have some flaw in their strategy which they could not recognize even after many failure.

Time is not of  Hard workers it is of Smart Workers.

COMING BACK TO BASIC QUESTION WHY MNC SELECT FIRST TIME CA PASS OUT, THERE IS A LOGIC

IF THEY ARE RECURUITING FOR MANAGEMENT TRAINEE POSITION,

THEN THEY WOULD PREFER FRESHER TO BE GROOM IN TO THEIR ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AS EVERY COMPANY HAS DIFFERENT WORK CULTURE,

COMPARATIVELY IT  WILL BE DIFFICULT WITH MANY ATTEMPT  PASS OUT PERSON AS HE WILL BE LITTLE OLDER IN AGE AND WOULD HAVE ADOPTED DIFFERENT CULTURE ALREADY.

With regards to film, In the end Farookh  run away from place on marriage day and naseer accepts deepti’s hand .

In the end  naseer won but film give the message “ Is this win is really a win “ where ha got the flowers which were not fresh as award, A wounded, frustrated deeply hurt deepti naval  as companion.

Sales talk matters more than the real stuff. So try to learn those tactics  also.

There are always exception in life, But in general do not wait for oppertunity , Be smart, acquire every those thing which is in demand.

Do not think if you are only hardworker and knowledgable oppertunity will come to you though little later.

May be your talent is not recongnised in your life as it is covered by your other defficiencies.

who has stopped you to enhance your communication skill, IT Skill or acquire new degree skill, update your self with time.

Surely you will get success early than a person who totally rely on his hard work

Hard work is a trait which was a sure shot guarantee in earlier times nowadays  smartness is also essential with hard work.

REGARDS

1 Like

CA.Amit lath (Asst. Manager(Finance)) (52 Points)
Replied 02 June 2010

Rightly said ravi. abhi to aage jindagi padhi. once tag of fresher is removed from you , no one asks no.of attempts.its ur work ex which matters

1 Like

Replied 05 June 2010

Good morning

Sir

We are little deviating from originol question, A women heart is won by contribution of numbers of  factors, you can think Confidence, Communication, Risk Taking abilty and also hundered of other factors.

That was just an example in both case in interview and in courting ( one person try to  attract another by offering his positive traits  ) It is an art.

whereas naseer solely rely on his honesty, hardwork and dedication in this game

Contrary  farookh low on hard work, knowledge but master of communication, sales talk, advertising , He utilizes these skills fully.

In the end Farookh wons. This is reality  Confidence,  Soft skill prevail over knowledge in major  fields of todays times.

this whole game is played unconcsciously.

I just wanted learn to update himself with time.

Let us finish this topic now.

Replied 05 June 2010

donot you see the personality

In both case selector has to choose one from a score of candidates,

IN both  situation in Interview and in real life, candidate tries to be at his best, to own a mask of his original self.

Both is test of Personality as well as knowledge

In our story farookh  do not know  skill of game  how game is fought so  he looses

I  only advise naseer to learn these tactics not be a ass instead a rabbit, then he can beat  farookh by a margin of miles

becouse what he has is most difficult to possess is  rare commodity, compare to what farookh has.

Most of people can speak lies but can not do hard work real task.

enjoy the day.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: