CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Intimation under sec 143(1)

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
For the A.Y. 2011-12 I had received an intimation u/s 143(1)in which a demand has been raised without providing deduction of Rs 11090/- u/s 80c.
Return was filled before due date.
Out of this 11090/- ,Rs 2054/- relates to A.Y. 2010-11 which was not claimed then & is mistakely claimed in A.Y. 11-12.
Now what should I do.
Please help me.

File rectification u/s 154 seeking deduction u/s 80C for Rs.9,036/- only.

Agree with Mr. Warrier,

The deduction which was not claimed in the earlier years, can not be allowed to claim in the subsequent assessment years.
You will get the deduction of the balance amount.
For claiming the balance amount of deduction, you will have to file application for rectification u/s 154 to consider the deduction.
Revised return can not be filed as the processing of return is already completed.
So, file an application of rectification to AO.

Querist : Anonymous

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
So I should move 154 for Rs 9036/- and deposit the demand for rest amount.

Querist : Anonymous

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
Thanks for the help....

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x