After my first article(/articles/why-cas-should-now-target-iims-8976.asp) attracted so many likes, comments and queries, I thought I'll post this second article to address some commonly posed queries. Much as I would love to,I cannot respond to the emails individually for atleast a month. Still you can email me at email@example.com, and I'll try to do my best. To allow me to locate the mails easily,please put the subject as 'Why CAs should now target IIMs'.
Just to clarify some things, my post was meant for those CA/CA Final candidates considering the option of MBA. It was not meant to say that people should do CA+MBA(thats a personal call)
- Should I go for GMAT or CAT? GMAT allows you to apply to foreign institutes(and to ISB
- Do I need CA+MBA? my post was meant for those CA/CA Final candidates considering the option of MBA. It was not meant to say that people should do CA+MBA(thats a personal call)
- Which coaching did you take? Every person is different. What worked for me may not work for others. With that caveat, I suggest attending classroom coaching(if you have the time). Else, online practice tests(like www.tenaday.co.in/AIMCAT of TIME) may help.
- Should I abandon my CA(Final)/articleship and go for MBA? I would suggest that you atleast complete your articleship. Resuming articleship after MBA seems infeasible to me.
- But can I do CA Final after MBA? I am not confident of passing Depends on your level of preperation. if you think that what you have studied may 'evaporate' in those 2 yrs of MBA, then it may be better to finish your CA Final and then do MBA.
- I am in PCC/IPCC...(anyone not giving CAT 2011)..I think you are planning way too much ahead. But see the Rediff Get Ahead forums for more details.
- Should I do MBA? Sorry, I cannot advise on that-thats an individual call which only can take
- I have a call from ....institute..should I wait or not. Check on pagalguy.
- I need some information on ...exams/how to prepare I suggest that MBA aspirants google 'Rediff Get Ahead' MBA articles. Also, register on PagalGuy where they have several forums devoted to MBA specific content. This is what I did, and that proved quite useful.