Hello everyone after a long time I'm writing an article.
I hope you that this will encourage and motivate you as my earlier ones did.
This article is all about what makes a person to become a ‘Chartered Accountant’.
The word Chartered indicates a member of a professional body that has a royal charter.
Chartered Accountants claim to be the first accounting group to form a professional body, in 1854 in Britain.
Today there are many organizations that such accountants belong to across the world, including the Institute of Chartered Accountants in India and & England and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants in Canada. The CA designation in Canada is one of the few designations transferable to a CPA in the U.S. by writing a reciprocity exam.
Studying hard and qualifying Final examination will surely makes you a Chartered Accountant but there are certain things which attach to this, which helps you to improve your talent and skills and will make you a complete ‘Chartered Accountant.
1. First understand the concept of articleship and analyse the need to introduce the system of articleship in CA course.
2. Keep one observation diary with yourself. Note down all the important observation made during the articleship period.
3. As per my personal understanding some special observations, which can play an important part are:
a) Overall attitude of your Principal and senior staff.
b) Approach of your principal towards client.
c) Working areas of your Principal.
d) All matters relating towards returns of DT/IDT.
4. Give more importance to your career with continued future growth instead of personal Ego.
5. Keep yourself updated with the latest amendments. If you follow this suggestion honestly then this point surely reflects your strong attitude towards professionalism and your desire to become a member of ICAI.
6. The best method to win the confidence of your principal and other seniors is to work very hard with utmost sincerity and dedication.
7. Always follow your Ethics.
8. Stay away from any kind of politics and do not engage yourself in useless activities.
9. Always maintain good, healthy and long lasting relationship with everyone i.e. with your Principal, Clients and other seniors and juniors articles.
10. There are no need to take things personally always follow KISS (keep it simple and silly).
Apart from articleship there are other things you should implement in your career:
Being a part of Orientation program before joining of articleship and observing all the needs provided by the faculty.
Completing both of your GMCS (for those who joined articleship after 30,April,2012 ) this is the most important phase to develop your communication and skills.
Attending Conventions and Seminars conducted by ICAI at various part of the country.
All this helps you not only to become a Chartered Accountant but a renowned Professional.