I am on CAclubindia from past 7 years. I have been reading articles and files, posting notes (ISCA, DT, Audit, and Law) for the students. However, this is my first article and through this, I would also like to share my experience on Subject ISCA
To start with, I cleared CA in May 2011. At that time also, ISCA was a nightmare…Though I cleared CA final in 3 attempts my score in ISCA was as below:
- May 2010 - 50
- Nov 2010 - 59
- May 2011 - 68
I observed that students are not able to crack CA final exams or 2nd group because of ISCA. So, I am sharing my study plan which I followed to prepare for the exams:
1. I prepared my own hand written notes for all the chapters of ISCA. (Took 6-7 months to prepare)
2. I use to revise ISCA for 1-2 hours daily along with other subjects.
3. Used Mnemonics where ever necessary & made stories to remember the points.
5. Revised ISCA 3 times before the examination.
Now will share my study plan chapter wise:
- 1st Preference: I give to Information technology definitions (Chapter 7)
- 2nd Preference: I give to SDLC chapter (Chapter 5)
- 3rd Preference: I give to information system concept (Chapter 2)
- 4th Preference: I give to IS and auditing-related topics. (Chapter 3 & 6)
- 5th Preference: I give to Chapter 1, 4 & 8.
(This is my personal view. Students are advised to make preference as per their convenience.)
I also would like to share the study plan for 1-2 prior to exam month:
May/ November Examination:
- March/September: Use to divide days among 8 subjects.
- April/ October: Use to divide hours among 8 subjects so that I am able to do 2 revisions of all subjects.
From past 3 years, I have been working hard to provide simplified notes for ISCA to CA final aspirants and happy to share that my ISCA notes are helping students to clear CA final exams. In fact I feel overwhelmed when they share success with me.
The author can also be reached at email@example.com.
I hope that my first article will prove a helping hand to all those who finds ISCA a difficult subject to read. I request students to give proper attention to this subject as it will help in adding prefix CA with their name.