The results of CA Final Nov'19 exams came out on the 16th of January 2020. Well, many students might not be satisfied with their evaluation. This article explains how to go ahead with the verification of marks:
A candidate can apply for verification, either physically in his own handwriting, or on-line from icaiexam.icai.org within a month from the date of declaration of results, giving specific details of the following along with the requisite fees. The details to be given are:
Student Registration No
Month and year of the exam
Roll No Paper(s)/subjects to be verified
Address for communication
If the candidate makes a physical application, it must be in the handwriting of the candidate. If the candidate had opted for Hindi medium in the examination, his/her application should be in Hindi. Typewritten applications are not entertained. There is no standard format as such for such an application. However, the application should be duly signed by the candidate.
Fee for verification of marks:
For Final, Intermediate (IPC)/ATE/Units-Rs 100/- per paper subject to a maximum of Rs 400/- for all the papers of a group/both groups/Unit.
How to apply for certified copies/inspection?
One can apply in the prescribed format and send the same along with the demand draft for the amount of fees applicable, (i.e. Rs 500/- per paper) at the following address, by speed post or registered post: The Deputy Secretary (Exams) The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ICAI Bhawan Indraprastha Marg New Delhi 110002 Your application should reach the institute within 30 days from the date of declaration of result of the relevant exam. Please superscribe the envelope with the name of the exam, i.e. Final or Intermediate (IPC) as the case may be. There is no provision for submission of application for certified copies of evaluated answer books with late fee.
RTI procedure to obtain Certified Copies - By B.Vinay Reddy
As per the orders of the Supreme Court, a CA student can apply for certified copies under the RTI Act by paying a nominal fee.
As per the announcementNo.13-CA(Exams)/WdngPlcy/2012 dated November 16, 2012 answer books of the examination conducted by ICAI are retained for a period of four months (120) days from the date of declaration of result of the relevant examination and in regulation 39(4), Institute has specifically mentioned that a student can seek verification, inspection and/or certified copy of answer books under the Right to Information Act, 2005.
Whether any fee is required to be paid for certified copies under RTI:
To enable easy access to the information, the Right to Information Act, 2005 provides access to certified copies of answer sheets at a nominal cost and inspection at free of cost.
Rule 4 of the RTI Rules, 2012, prescribes a fee for information as follows:
1. Application fee:
While making RTI applications, the payment of RTI Fees of Rs. 10/- needs to be made and the same is waived off for applicants falling below the poverty line by producing the proof of BPL Category.
2. Additional Fee for Inspection/Certified Copies:
Inspection of Records
- No fee for the first hour;
- A fee of Rs.5.00 for each subsequent hour or a fraction thereof.
For each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper)
- Rs. 2.00 per page of photocopy
For information in Soft Copy (PDF) format
- Free of Cost
How to apply for certified copies through RTI Portal?
A candidate can make an online application at his doorsteps without visiting any office, though user registration is not mandatory to file RTI application, I suggest you create an account at RTI online site, so that you can have a list of applications in user account and details like name, email, the address will be auto-filled while filing RTI application.
1. Create account and login to your RTI portal by entering Username and Password at below link https://rtionline.gov.in/
2. Now, click on submit request option, scroll down and click on the checkbox â€œI have read and understood the above guidelines and then click on the submit button.
Then Online RTI Request Form screen will be displayed. This form can be used to file an online RTI application.
3. In search Public Authority filed enter the keyword as
- Chartered and select Institute of Chartered Accountant of India for CA Course
Name, address, educational qualifications, communication details will be auto-filled, if you have created an account at RTI portal and you can change the same, if required.
4. In the field "Is the Applicant Below Poverty Line?"
Select the option as Yes, if you belong to BPL - Below Poverty Line category and holds valid proof for the same as Food security Card, ration card etc.,
No application fee is required to be paid by such citizens as per RTI Rules,2012
What's next after filing RTI application?
- Just relax and wait for 30 days from the date of your application.
- You are not required to follow-up with the CPIO/ Institute by way of calls, email etc.,On receipt of application, Institute will transfer the application to respective CPIO for further action.
- Within 30 days from the date of your RTI application, you will receive an email from the institute with the link and login credentials to download the requested certified copies.
- No fee is required to be paid, as certified copies will be provided in soft copy format, no fee is to be charged as per RTI rules.
- As per ICAI sources, before providing certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books to the examinees under RTI, verification of answer books, within the scope of Regulation 39(4), will be carried out, by the office, suo moto, in respect of all applications for inspection and/or certified copy of evaluated answer books under the RTI Act, 2005. As per RTI rules, there is no requirement for suo-moto verification of marks before providing certified copies.
What if, you have noticed a mistake/discrepancy in the certified copies received through RTI?
After receiving certified copies, if there any discrepancies, you can report the same to ICAI through physical application via speed post in below format:
No fee is payable in such cases and such a request must be made within 30 days of issue of certified copies.
Only discrepancy as covered under Regulation 39(4) will be entertained i.e.
(i) no totaling error;
(ii) no carrying over of marks from inside to the cover page of the answer book;
(iii) no question or part thereof has remained unevaluated.
What is the last date to apply for Certified Copies under the RTI?
As per the RTI Act, 2005 you can sough the information as far as it is available with the public authority. As per the record retention policy of the ICAI answer Books of Company will be retained for the period of 120 days from the declaration of results of each examination concerned.
So, you can make application for certified copies under RTI upto120 days from the date of result.
If you have further queries, please read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) with respect to obtaining certified copies under RTI, which was prepared after analyzing 100's of comments to our article and queries on mail.
Application format for seeking certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books
The Additional Secretary (Exams)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
New Delhi 110 002
Subject: Photocopy of Answer book of the Board Examinations under the RTI Act, 2005
I have appeared for CA Foundation/ IPCC/ Intermediate/ Final Examination conducted by the board with the following particulars: -
1. Name of the candidate:
2. Date of Birth:
3. Fathers Name:
4. Contact no:
5. E-mail address:
6. Address for correspondence:
7. Student Registration No:
8. Examination: CPT/ Intermediate (IPC)/ Final/ ISAAT/ IRM/ ITL & WTO/ MAC/ CMC/ TMC
Roll No :
Paper No. :Subject
The self-attested photocopy of my admit card/ hall ticket is enclosed for verification of my identity. I also undertake that I am the same candidate who appeared in the aforesaid examination. I hereby declare and affirm that the details mentioned above relate to me only and are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. The information may kindly be provided at the given address.
(Student Registration Number)
To know more on the same click here.