In this article, I will share some of my thoughts, which my readers, in my opinion, should be very well aware of. These facts/thoughts are varied in dimension, yet their sole aim is to enlighten the readers, so that they can take benefit from it.
1. Never be short sighted in life. Always try to be LAMBI RACE KA GHODA, that means sometimes you might have to lose battles to win the war. You are not defeated unless you accept your defeat. And don’t worry about what the media propagates (to get higher TRP rating) that in next 1-2 years or so the world is going to end. The world will remain intact even after thousands of years, so plan your career/life accordingly and never take any hasty decision. The same analogy applies to a student who fails in CA exams and decides to quit.
2. Discriminate between STRATEGY and TACTICS, be a man of strategy, not of tactics, tactics can be learnt or other people may know your tactics, but play strategically so that in the short run you may deviate, however, the long term goal should always be clear in your mind every minute of your breath. To explain this, I am giving an analogy of a game known as BAGHCHAL (literally means moving tigers) which is an ancient game played in some parts of south India, Punjab and Nepal which helps to develop strategic thinking just like chess. One player opts for goats and the other player opts for tigers. Goats win if they stop the movement of tigers and tigers win if they eat minimum five goats. The goats are very clever and tactful; however the tigers are strategy oriented. Evaluate your progress after every 10 years as where I have reached, what is the future plan and how to execute it. This is strategic thinking.
3. Come out of the typical BHEDCHAL mindset means just like the sheeps (bhed in hindi) who walk one after the other. They just follow where the other sheeps are going. If one of your friend has gone for CA course, its not necessary that you opt for CA course. Perhaps your likings are different and you can be far more successful if you pursue Architecture or Engineering or some other course. Similarly, if your father or uncle is CA, it’s not at all necessary that you follow the family tradition. You have to choose a course where you can apply that study for the next 30-40 years. So never let others dominate or influence you in deciding what education you have to pursue. Be a tiger and make your own path instead of doing what others are doing. This will make you distinct from others and give you a sense of satisfaction. Also don’t ever compare yourself with others, all individuals are different.
4. Always invest time to read good books, so that your understanding and level of knowledge enhances. But reading novels and fiction, in my opinion, are not advisable for professionals; instead they should read the books related to their profession. If you have interest in subjects like astrology, science, numerology, literature then it’s good to have such hobby, because it helps to relax the mind from the routine work pressure.
5. Here are some tips for the CA students:
a. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE INSTITUTE STUDY MATERIAL, STUDY THAT THOROUGHLY, ALONG WITH RTP, SUGGESTED AND AMENDMENTS WITH LATEST CASE LAWS.
b. DO MEDITATION, TRATAK ETC FOR CONCENTRATION.
c. BE HEALTHY DURING THE EXAM DAYS, DRINK AMPLE WATER, EAT FRUITS, TAKE MODERATE SLEEP & TRY TO AVOID FRIENDS WHO TAKE AWAY YOUR VALUABLE TIME & DISTRACT YOU FROM STUDIES.
d. I HAVE SEEN STUDENTS WHO OBTAINED 55% MARKS IN 10+2 GRADE STILL GOT RANK IN CA FINAL. SO DON’T UNDERESTIMATE YOURSELF. YOU ALSO CAN ACHIEVE IT, JUST WORK HARD AND SMART.
e. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT THE INSTITUTE IS MERELY ASSESSING WHETHER YOU CAN SHOULDER THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT OR NOT. SO HAVE A PROFESSIONAL APPROACH TOWARDS YOUR EXAMS AND ARTICLESHIP TRAINING. DON’T COMPARE THIS COURSE WITH ANY UNIVERSITY EXAMINATION.
f. PRACTICE LOT OF PROBLEMS IN ACCOUNTS, FM AND COSTING, GIVE MORE EMPHASIS ON YOUR TRAINING AND TRY TO CORELATE THE TRAINING WITH THE THEORY YOU STUDY FROM INSTITUTE BOOKS.
g. DO LOT OF WRITING PRACTICE BEFORE THE EXAMS, SO THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ATTEMPT FULL 100 MARKS PAPER.
h. ALL THE BEST FOR THE FORTHCOMING EXAMS.
6. If possible try to read spiritual books like Bhagvad Geeta, Upanishad or Ramayan or Mahabharata. No matter where we are, we should not forget our roots.
7. Readers should also be aware of the below mentioned burning issues in our country, which if not addressed properly will lead to total destruction of humanity & the country:
a.Corruption, without paying bribe one can’t get even a VAT registration certificate. A person voluntarily goes to govt department for paying legitimate taxes still he has to offer the “other income” to the departmental clerks/officers.
b.Black money deposited in Swiss Bank in the tune of hundreds of lacs of crores, which if brought to our country, can make everyone rich.
c. Cow Slaughtering. Cow is treated as mother of mankind and its astonishing to note that UP government is going to give permission to open slaughterhouses in UP where everyday 1,50,000 animals will be killed including cows.
d. Forced conversion of religion in the backward and remote areas by the so called “missionaries”
e. Influence of western culture on the Indian youth.
f. MNCs coming to India and taking major chunks of the profits earned outside India, thereby making India poorer.
g. Media propagating a wrong picture about Indian culture & saints. (It may be noted that almost 99% of the media is owned by foreigners)
h. High inflation level, such that the survival of a common man is in doubt if this further continues. Vegetable is costlier than meat or chicken or fish.
i. High level of unemployment due to which people resort to illegal activities.
j. High level of inequalities of income. Some people own islands, countries, chartered planes, helicopters, while others are sleeping on footpath and do not have one square meal, and even if they have meal for night they don’t have meal for the next day.
I have mentioned only the major issues facing the prosperity of our country which will in turn be for our well being. I would like to urge the people at the helm of affairs, that whatever we can do, we should do, for our country, we should not be inert so that our next generation may proudly say that their fathers and forefathers have done an excellent job.
With Best Regards
Jai Hind, Jai Bharat
CA Chhaviraj Joshi