This is my simple effort to bring some of the useful exam tips to score good mark with Audit and corporate law.
This is my humble effort to those who are writing IPCC and final exam to give some good input. This is mainly targeted to those who had failed frequently in the above segment and those who have poor exam result despite of their hard work. There are two parts, this articles contains. First is the preparation part and second is the exam point of view. Even if it is lengthy, but useful.
Before start preparation (Do the following exercise without fail)
1. Plan mentally: - Audit and law for final exam seems to be vast. This vast content may be a de motivational factor. So, mental preparation to handle such vast area is required first. So, you are going to learn a vast segment.
2. Classification of most and least relevant segment: -Take either Padhuka or scanner for this purpose. See the maximum mark topic and least mark topic. In November exam, particular topic will be more mark and never ask for May and vice versa.
3. Frame a check list of FAQ in the past exam with the help of scanners (Some question may repeat 5 times). Take a paper, extract such details.
During preparation (Do the following exercise without fail )
1. Good and effective preparation( FAQ and relevant area)
Read>> understand>>make a short notes>>close the book and try to memorize>>repeat the same before few hours of sleep>>If not getting, again do the same exercise.
2. Good revision plan
The area learned particular day (Sunday) must be revised Wednesday without fail. By taking your short notes. If not getting this stage then repeat the activity mentioned above. If you can able to revise effectively, no doubt you can write very effectively to your exam also.
3. Keep a work book:- Note down your daily target and issue. Monitor the same closely and rectify without failure. This activity should be done daily basis.
4. Use of bear act, Reference book and scanners and suggested answers in tandem. This will give you a full bird eye view. Start with bare Act, understand the legal term, go though the reference book in the same sections and finally scanners and past questions.
5. Try to write section number if you can possible. Take back side of your Law note book and make an index. Write each section and its heading. This will give you a bird eye view of sections.
6. Adopt some abbreviation technique to remember so many heading.
During exam ( Do the following )
1. Some time your exam question may be lengthy and tough also. Never panic or over excited. Both are harmful. Control you emotion to a normal level.
2. Read all the question without fail. Highlight the important points and figures as well. This point will catch your special attention at the time you are solving the questions.
3. Classify the question you are answer first. Care should be taken to write easy and simple questions first. Never start with practical questions have applications in many segment. If you opt to start, that may cause waste of time for other questions
4. Adopt a good time management strategies. Allocate a maximum time for all the questions. Try to finish it within the time.
5. Good presentation: - Try to avoid essay type of presentation. If you write more you will not get more marks. Extract the essence from the essays and write it in a simple and precise point. Give number, good heading and content. This will give a bird eye view of the answer and good impression. (click here for Good presentation)
6. Adopt inter linking technique. Say, one questions may be have applications in more than one sections, rather SA and AS implication may be found. So, Inter link it one by one in a comprehensive and effective manner. ( click here for some example)
7. Save time and use it for toughest segment.
8. Frame a time called strategic time. This is the time you had devoted wholly for all the toughest questions. (This is just a name and implies your strategy). All the toughest questions should me tagged with ST. Reserve all the toughest questions and required to be attended during this time. In my opinion, you have to reserve half of your exam time for Strategic time. Give special care and attention and some amount of brain storming.
9. Partial attending the questions and finish it at later: - If the flow of the question broke at this time, leave that question, attend other question, if that also broke attend other questions. Proceed in this manner. Come back with these partially attended questions, try to finish it.
10. Try to attend the question that you may be even not know well or not prepared.
11. Mark distribution pattern For . This is my imagination. One mark for introduction and one mark for good conclusion. 5 marks may be for your concepts. One mark for your handwriting.
Wish you all the best
Happy exam writing
CA vivek M
castudenthelpdesk @ gmail.com