Dear Students and IPCC aspirants,
For many students Law, ethics and communication paper of May 2013 was nightmare. Question paper was balanced. Paper setter of Institute tried to cover almost all chapters as you will find small or big questions from each chapter. Let us understand what was main focus which skill required, purpose of article is to help students who are preparing for Nov 13. Let us discuss few main points:
1. Portion of law had emphasis on practical question. Weightage of 33 marks out of 60 marks for practical questions. Most of them were asked in past and based on landmark judgment of respective topic. Students should remember landmark judgements.
2. Even students learn contract act at CPT level, you will always find first question on Contract act testing your basic fundaments. Students should practice more on fundamental aspect of contract act. Most of students and faculty are of the opinion that as you have gone through contract at CPT, you are not required to read it. It is biggest mistake.
3. From business law portion of 30 marks, contract of 13 marks and Negotiable instrument of 8 marks was trigged. Most of students leave Negotiable instrument or read selective topic of NI due to its hard (technical) language.
4. As i mentioned earlier, examiner has given due respect to each chapter of ethics and communication. Students have no choice of developing or creating option.....Students should not take chance. Many students consider that ethics and communication are difficult. But it has more ROI...hahahahah....with less content you can secure more marks.
5. Like any other past paper, you can find one question on drafting aspect. I really like the attitude of ICAI in terms of giving due weightage for drafting. Fresh professional now a days are not good in drafting and communication. Students should not omit last two chapters of communication. You will find one question from this chapter.
6. And at last i would like to write that paper was not having any new or unknown question but the manipulation of language has created lot of trouble for majority of students. Almost students fail to understand what is requirement of question.
7. Those who are preparing for Nov 13 attempt should keep all these points in mind and shootout the IPCC at ICAI. Fresh your mind and start preparation. It is very interesting subject.
About Tejpal Sheth:
Tejpal Sheth is practicing company secretary at Ahmedabad. He holds Dip in Pharmacy, company secretary and MBA in international Business. He holds certificate in Intellectual Property Rights of World Intellectual Property Organization and cyber law.
Mr. Sheth is active educator and trainer. He is visiting faculty with ICAI, ICSI, ICWAI, IIPM, Gujarat University, Gandhinagar Institute of Technology (GIT). Mr. Sheth has authored 14 books so far. During last 15 years he has taught to more than 20,000 CA, CS, ICWA, BBA, MBA, CPA and CFA students and successfully conducted training programs on various aspect of business, corporate and labour laws.