A three months residential programme on Professional Skills Development has been initiated for the benefit of CA students. The programme is helping the students in imbibing the professional skills required for effective functioning in business organisations and profession. The Programme environment would focus on development of communication skills, personal qualities, interpersonal and teamwork skills, working in a complex and turbulent, problem solving skills and leadership skills.
The course would be organized with the help of Indian Institute of
Management, Indore. Reputed faculty would also be drawn from academia,
industry and the profession.
Course Content The programme would be broadly divided in six modules covering:
- Developing personal traits
- Corporate communications
- Strategic management
- Practice development and management
- Professional business environment
- Multi-disciplinary case studies
The programme would also include extra-curricular activities (study tour/industrial visits, yoga, meditation and cultural activities). Course methodology Modern education techniques would be used to make learning wholesome and interesting. The methodology will involve:
- Class/Group Discussion
- Management Games
- Role Plays
- Simulation Exercises
- Case Studies
- Project preparation
The programme would be completely residential. The participants would have access to high quality computer facility.
General Management and Communication Skills
Students of this programme would not be required to undergo GMCS course separately.
The course duration to be considered as part of Articled Training
Under Explanation (2) to Regulation 59 (7) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 participation in the Three Months Residential Programme on Professional Skills Development will be considered equivalent to undergoing articled training.
Thus the period during which the training is undergone will be considered as part of Articled Training.
Eligibility to participate in the 3 months residential programme
The three months residential programme is for CA students particularly who have recently passed the Final examination or are undergoing the Final Course.
Indian Institute of Management,
Indore 453 331
The programme is scheduled to start from April 13, 2009.
All efforts will be made to conduct placements for the participants of the Professional Skills Development Programme. However, ICAI does not guarantee the placements or the pay packages to the participants. The number of companies participating, the pay packages that will be offered by them will depend on the prevailing market conditions.
Financial assistance in the form of a loan from Bank of Baroda to finance the course is also available. Applicants need to directly approach the bank for loan.
Applicants seeking finance may register by paying 10% of the fees and the balance is to be paid before starting of the course.
Rs. 48,000 per participant. The course fee includes tuition fee, course material, computer time, boarding, lodging, local field visits, etc. Applicants may register by paying 10% of the fees and the balance is to be paid before starting of the course. The payment may be made through an account payee demand draft for a sum of Rs. 4,800 / Rs. 48,000 in favour of The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India payable in New Delhi.
Interested students may fill in the registration form. The duly filled in copy of the form should be send to Shri Shaleen Suneja, Sr. Assistant Director, ICAI Bhawan, A-94/4, Sector-58, Noida- 201301. Telephone number 0120-3045912, Mobile: 9350799916, Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephonic calls should be made from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM on working days.
The complete application must reach on or before March 30, 2009.
- Students who have appeared and passed final examinations in the immediately preceding three examinations from the date of start of the programme will be considered as students and may opt to do the Professional Skills Development Programme.
- Preference will be given to the students who have passed the final exams.
- In case of over-response, students will be selected on the basis of logical criteria. Candidates who had applied but were refused admission in the earlier batches will also be appropriately considered. Efforts will be made to make the group heterogeneous in terms of sex and geographical locations. Selection of the candidates who will be allowed to undergo the programme will be made by Board of Studies or by a person/group of Board of Studies. All decisions on selection will be final and binding. Intimation will be sent on selection/non-selection. No other correspondence on selection or non-selection shall be made.
- Registration may be made by paying 10% of fees or full fees.
- A student who has already paid fees for the GMCS course and has not undergone the actual course may claim the refund of fees on account of GMCS course from the region/branch where such fees had been paid subsequent to his inclusion in a particular batch of Professional Skills Development Programme.
- The Board of Studies or the Institute may modify the terms and conditions as it deems fit.
Only limited seats are available Registration Form