Why should i continue doing CA?

ankit gindoria (http://ankitthewriter.blogspot.com/)   (206 Points)

17 January 2010  

I failed CA final exam today( old course) and i Ranted about institute all day. I argued with my parents regarding droping of CA course. My argument was that i don't have interest in working CA field ( Tax and Audit. I actually hate those field)  and i am very much interested in spending my life in finance field. I am also CFA(USA)  Level 2 student and now my exam is in june. So i cant do CA final in may and CFA in june both together. I have to choose one of them. I am interested doing my career in finance sector where CA has little or no value. CFA and MBA has great value in finance field. So why should I do CA? only because it has great respect in society ? only because i can say that i am CA ? 

I found no reason for doing CA, so please let me know whether i have come with right analysis like CA has not much value in finance sector. Also let me know reasons for continuing with CA. IF you are wondering why I gave final attempt in november? i gave it simply because i have spend 5 years of my life doing it. So i was just trying to finish my CA course and  say bye bye to CA but tht didn't happen and i failed. If you need more info. on me, i will complete 22 years this feb, i gave my PE2 exams one attempt early means on may instead of nov so thats why i was 1 attempt a head of friends(but now no more).