Easy Office

Vidhyashankar's Heart Speaks!

Page no : 5

CA Trinath Galla (student) (3130 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

Originally posted by :Vidhyashankar
" Ok Kamal,
I do find a smack of envy here in your statements.
And since you have nothing better to poke at you are critically dissecting my statements and when I personally attack yo, it leaves a distaste in the mind of the readers and thus I use those generalizations purposely.If I said you are telling me this because you are envious and that other people are praising me or that it did not happen in your life....what will that portray me as? ---"someone whose education has got to his head"(as you put it).Everyone has ego and one who denies this is a damn liar.You reply back because a part of your ego fights me, I retort back because a part of my ego fights you.However, envy and jealousy when put into constructive use would benefit both of us is my take.
I would definitely have the humility to say sorry to you and for mentioning the word "Indians" in a generalized sense depsite being an Indian myself(though meant in good jest and for a lofty purpose of creating an inner awareness) but would you have the guts to be humble? is my question.Humility too needs guts, my dear friend.If I have said anything to hurt you, Im terribly sorry.It isjust that the general attitude is not one of a healthy one, else our nation would have become a super-power by now!(the proof of the pudding)
Now, coming to the issue of credibility of the story:
Ok here is one incident in my friend Malolan's life:
He was travelling from Thirupathy to Chennai by bus and he got caught up in a station.He went to a toilet and the door got jammed and he could not come out depsite yelping for help.Finally someone noticed it and opened the door.My friend came out fatigued but the bus had already departed without him.
Next day morning, in the news papers comes the news that the bus in which he was to travel caught fire and all the passengers in it were dead.
The night before that incident my friend had a dream in which he saw a bus burning.He was an ardent vaishnavite sporting a nama and thus prayed Lord Balaji in the Thirupathy hotel to avert any accident in the bus and safely transport him to Chennai.
Lord Balaji averted the accident in His own fashion.Maybe the prayers were answered.
Chill beads of sweat adorned Malolan as he read the news from the pages and He went to the nearest Balaji photo and cried his gratitude.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, how does the above narrative sound.Something like taken from a film scripttt or from a novel.Because it was beautifully edited,scripttted by me(atleast in a mini-fashion).
Now, this person stammers a lot and thus would say, "I I I I ...Escaped a bus accident" and then maybe you would believe him because he is not expressive and he has not galmourized or marketed his miraculous incident in life.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, if I degalmourize my above story, it would become believable: Lets start it:
1. I was treated badly by my auditor(Yeah, whose auditor does not treat 'badly' thats childish, tell me something new Man!)
2. I had bad friends and one guy you know tried to hit me with a cricket bat Ouch!!!!(there I go with my kindergarten narration)
3. I worked as Pizza boy(We see many  students who work like this in metro cities for an extra buck)
4. In USA I was treated 'badly' due to racism and I hit back a slap(Yeah tell me something new, dont you read newspapers about Australian attacks?)
5. I lost my friend, I lost my mother,I had an accident while trying to dive for swimming, My father took me to kerala temple,I had dogs as pets, I had a one-sided love affair which failed,Im treated badly in my office in USA.
Now, tell me if I just say these 5 statements plainly seperately then maybe there is a better chance of believablity.But my age is 29 and all these experiences can happen to me and to anyone and maybe even more romantic than this.Just that the power to express whats in the heart does not lie with all.Indians(again at the risk of generalization) have different vernacular languages as their mother toungue and think in that and then translate it into english(unless one was brought up in USA or UK), also their skills are poor(statistically speaking) forEnglish.This is no way means they are unintelligent or below grade.So, this makes for a narrative with a quality of english higher seem impossible or something from the sky especially when narrated by another co-Indian.
Also, my juxtaposing unconnected incidents which happened over a big span of time creates a surreal effect in the  intelligent reader(like you) to not believe in the credibility of the story.
I really do not care whether you believe it or not and this lengthy tirade or discussion is only to ensure that students who read this are inspired and they take their burdens lightly and forge ahead in their lives.
No where is my intention to hurt you.I would never ever, repeat never ever dream of hurting anyone in any manner,unless it is for their own good.Your quest for truth is remarkbale and your boldness too! I appreciate that and donot want to steal your thunder of retort or the brilliance of your arguments in any manner.
"

vidyashankar sir, can u allow me to sens a pm??

Vidhyashankar (CA) (1292 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

Originally posted by :chandan Dubey
" but i dont think this is big achievement lots of things still to learn :) "

Thats the attitude I like, Learning does not stop with qualifications...

(Guest)

im reading onebyone ur articles im proud to feelu are indian..icant come to ur heights but atleastican watch fromdistancer woww what aman one in million....withgreatdifficulty i clearedmy examsn nowin finalsufferingunderone uglyauditorwho treats mebad...only guyslike u give us hope...please help all of us...dont goawayfrom this site as u were saying it makes me depressed andwant to cry....even firstday itself i read all ur articles today and they are so good...nowi knowhwati missed..luckyi joined this froum....sorryfor mypoorenglish.

Rock (student) (1518 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

Hey priya English is not a Qualification ...its just  one  of  the way for communication ...Never feel guilty ....Just only few mistakes are there in your conversation ...That every does No body can speak or write perfect English ...

you are in final going to complete soon CA

Cheers all the best

Replied 19 June 2009

Originally posted by :Priya
" im reading onebyone ur articles im proud to feelu are indian..icant come to ur heights but atleastican watch fromdistancer woww what aman one in million....withgreatdifficulty i clearedmy examsn nowin finalsufferingunderone uglyauditorwho treats mebad...only guyslike u give us hope...please help all of us...dont goawayfrom this site as u were saying it makes me depressed andwant to cry....even firstday itself i read all ur articles today and they are so good...nowi knowhwati missed..luckyi joined this froum....sorryfor mypoorenglish. "

Hi Priya,

Thankyou for your kind comments.There are a lot others who are better qualified than me.Im not permanently going away from this forum, which remains as a nostalgic connection for me with ICAI.I will peep in now and then  and maybe submit an article or 2.I have recently re-sent an article on Health and it is yet to be approved.In that I talk about mental health.You have to be stress-free.Take care of your health.I see lot of stress in your words.

I read your another comment regarding the auditor and replied back to it.I feel for you and pray everything be smoothened out.Do not leave him scotfree is all I can say.Do not shed any tears.

You have to be bold.Your English is not all that bad and you can easily improve, buy Norman Lewis books for a start and improve your vocabulary, then buy Micheal Strumpf books for Grammar and read as many books as possible and talk English and maybe even watch decent English films or youtube videos on improving english.It is a mere language skill, though important if you want to reach great heights.

You too are one in a million and a dear child of God.

God Bless!

1 Like

Anubhuti Bhawsar (ca final student) (120 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

u r a REAL INSPIRATIONAL SOURCE!!! i m short of words for u and d inspirational power u have...it has really infused in me to work more harder than before...

C.A Srivatsan E.K (Partner in audit firm) (59 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

(Guest)

gud frnd u r gud, and i liked ur way of saying that hardwork really pays.

thanx 4 teaching us keep it up

Venkat (Completed All Exams of CA ICWA CS MBA(F) M.Sc (Maths) DIEM CIMA(UK) &&& From USA --> CPA CMA CFM CISA CISM PMP AdVanced Certification in SAP-FI/CO *** Working in USA as a Manager with a Big-4 Consulting / Audit Firm)   (141 Points)
Replied 24 June 2009

Hi Vidyashankar,

Thanks for all your messages. I have gone through several posts of yours. I got the idea of what you were trying to bring out in respective messages.

One small suggestion.... Keep your messages straight, to the point and make effective presentation of the exact topic / point you are discussing rather than building stories from miles far and trying to connect to the topic. It may loose the reader on the point you are trying to make. Long and too much complex messages may not help much. Keeping it simple and effective is best. Also, it saves a lot of time for you and as well for readers (I see few tens to may be hundreds of hours spent on total posts) ....... The extra time on non-related points can be spent on solving other student queries or giving expert advices, I feel that would be better use of time. Its only a suggestion ... If you can take it that's fine.... else, I do not want to debate.

Good that you are sharing your thoughts, experiences which might be helpful for others... keep it going....

Regards... Venkat

Venkat (Completed All Exams of CA ICWA CS MBA(F) M.Sc (Maths) DIEM CIMA(UK) &&& From USA --> CPA CMA CFM CISA CISM PMP AdVanced Certification in SAP-FI/CO *** Working in USA as a Manager with a Big-4 Consulting / Audit Firm)   (141 Points)
Replied 24 June 2009

Guys / Girls, I would say "Will Power" is Most Important. You should know what you are tending towards / want to achieve, learn how to achieve that, meticulously plan to achieve that, control and manage the risks, dare to execute and face / manage problems and 'last but one' is to "achieve".

Originally posted by :Venkat

" Hi Vidyashankar,
Thanks for all your messages. I have gone through several posts of yours. I got the idea of what you were trying to bring out in respective messages.
One small suggestion.... Keep your messages straight, to the point and make effective presentation of the exact topic / point you are discussing rather than building stories from miles far and trying to connect to the topic. It may loose the reader on the point you are trying to make. Long and too much complex messages may not help much. Keeping it simple and effective is best. Also, it saves a lot of time for you and as well for readers (I see few tens to may be hundreds of hours spent on total posts) ....... The extra time on non-related points can be spent on solving other student queries or giving expert advices, I feel that would be better use of time. Its only a suggestion ... If you can take it that's fine.... else, I do not want to debate.
Good that you are sharing your thoughts, experiences which might be helpful for others... keep it going....
Regards... Venkat
"

1 Like

Replied 24 June 2009

" Hi Vidyashankar,
Regards... Venkat
"

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for the input.

However, though I appreciate your comments, I do intend to stick to my own style despite your critique.

• Going by the response (number ofprofile visits,number of PMs and friends), I do feel that there is nothing wrong and many are following my posts despite length and thus it helps many students.
  • This is not some business presentation where one has to keep things taut and tight.Maybe being in this field you use more of your left brain which makes you say thus.
  • These are emotional posts(maybe rants at places) and these tend to digress a bit now and then.One student even asked me to scribe something on cinema if my topics for CA are over but not leave the forum! And Im sure such statements would not be made unless they are inspired to a great degree reading my posts
  • My sole purpose here as I have said in so many words is not for solving technical queries of students or give expert advices.There are a lot doing that already and "too many cooks spoil the broth".The students are confused as it is.I might in the near future come out with germane articles visavis my profession but nothing as of now.
  • I do not spend tens or hundreds of hours as you think on these posts.I plan judiciously even for this and do.

There is no debate here.Just my candid opinion.

For example you say: "Guys / Girls, I would say "Will Power" is Most Important. You should know what you are tending towards / want to achieve, learn how to achieve that, meticulously plan to achieve that, control and manage the risks, dare to execute and face / manage problems and 'last but one' is to "achieve".

This sounds good and tight as you wanted it but would it inspire anyone.Would anyone merely by reading this "become" or "try to become" all the qualities enunciated above? Willpower,acheivement,plan,control and manage risks,execution,face/manage problems,etc all sound cliched and cloyed and the students have been beaten to death with such phrases.Also you dont explain as to "how to develop that willpower" or "what it takes to meticulously plan" or "how to control and manage risks",etc.Without a practical merit such phrases become useless tinsel.

The students need a story, they need inspirational boosts in every single line.This is what beats mediocrity in them and influences their psyche.Even Jesus, talked in parables and never like some preacher quoting from scriptttures, it is said.No wonder His religion (or the one started by His followers) is the top-most as of now(statistically).

Brevity should never come in place of clearly communicating, especially for such emotional rhetoric.Brevity is the soul of the wit, no doubt about this but not the friend of clear-communication.I do not mince words nor am I afraid of any authority or would be bamboozled by anyone's degrees, I express my opinions freely, unhindered without fear or expectations.

It comes as a surprise to me that despite all your qualifications, you write like this.

This comes to the point of your qualifications: You have typed " Completed degrees...and then mention CIMA of UK &&&USA".As far as my knowledge is concerned there is no CIMA of USA.There is an IMA(Institute of Management Accountants) which offers CMA but no qualification as CIMA(USA).Yes, there is CIMA(UK).Unless, a new institute has propped up somewhere out of thin air or that Im really ignorant about something or missing something terribly.

In any case best of luck and I feel happy that your quest for qualifications and knowledge is similar to mine.

"Vidhyashankar"

Replied 24 June 2009

My post is just a summary / comment .... not an article or original post in itself. As I have been in the industry for the last 12 years (and with all qualifications as you mentioned), I think I can understand pros and cons of long form and short form of communication. We do present the stuff where required in not 2 pages but in 20 / 200 pages with various references and explanations. But as most of your messages are so very long taking every word and try to explain or detail the things from miles far into the main concept (with complex words), they may loose the original purpose and may loose the reader. Its a major loss of time (unless you have nothing better to do) for you and the readers.

I know you are helping the students but also trying to act too smart which is not necessary (which in short to long run makes foes than friends for you - do not count on profile visits or PMs but count on other side (both seen and unseen)). I do not know if you worked in any professional environments in companies and if you worked, you understand what I mean.

Its a suggestion. I understand from your earlier messages that you will not accept anything or though you say you accept, you indeed keep debating on what you say - this does not mean win, hope you understand.

What I wrote is CIMA(UK) (see it again). I am an Associate Member of CIMA, UK from 2005. From USA, I have completed all the exams of CPA (with 90% score), CMA, CFM, CISA, CISM, PMP, SAP Certifications (FI/CO certification and Advanced certification in SAP-CO). From India, I completed all exams of CA, ICWA, CS, MBA, M.SC, DIEM etc. I also hold ranks in several professional courses and have done few other courses which are not relevant here.

Anyways, good luck with what you are doing....

Replied 24 June 2009

Hi Vidyashankar,

My post is just a summary / comment .... not an article or original post in itself. As I have been in the industry for the last 12 years (and with all qualifications as you mentioned), I think I can understand pros and cons of long form and short form of communication. We do present the stuff where required in not 2 pages but in 20 / 200 pages with various references and explanations. But as most of your messages are so very long taking every word and try to explain or detail the things from miles far into the main concept (with complex words), they may loose the original purpose and may loose the reader. Its a major loss of time (unless you have nothing better to do) for you and the readers.

I know you are helping the students but also trying to act too smart which is not necessary (which in short to long run makes foes than friends for you - do not count on profile visits or PMs but count on other side (both seen and unseen)). I do not know if you worked in any professional environments in companies and if you worked, you understand what I mean.

Its a suggestion. I understand from your earlier messages that you will not accept anything or though you say you accept, you indeed keep debating on what you say - this does not mean win, hope you understand.

What I wrote is CIMA(UK) (see it again). I am an Associate Member of CIMA, UK from 2005. From USA, I have completed all the exams of CPA (with 90% score), CMA, CFM, CISA, CISM, PMP, SAP Certifications (FI/CO certification and Advanced certification in SAP-CO). From India, I completed all exams of CA, ICWA, CS, MBA, M.SC, DIEM etc. I also hold ranks in several professional courses and have done few other courses which are not relevant here.

Replied 24 June 2009

" Hi Vidyashankar,
"

Comments not well taken: Trying to act too smart, keep debating on what you say,nothing better to do,etc.

Yes, I might be acting up and feeling upbeat, but that is way I want students to be and not some sore losers constantly cribbing and complaining.Im not acting smart, but am smart.Period.Like my confidence or hate my confidence, this is what Im.

Kudos! to your qualifications, I just had a doubt which you clarified.Good. And you must/maybe post constructively a lot about your experiences and how you got those degrees and inspire students,whether at length or taciturn as you prefer, and quit criticizing in open forum someone else,especially when something good is happening.

Im sure these posts  which you have typed up against me might be few of the lengthy ones from your side that too to explain your stance and nowhere useful to students anywhere(except maybe the editing part), wherein your ego has been hurt a bit.Im sorry for that, dont take it hard.

I never would fall for such statements again.I have lot of resilience.

As far as working in professional companies are concerned, I have experience working in a Big 4 Firm like yours and am perfectly aware of the virtue of being taciturn in official communications and coming straight to the point.But as I have stated above my reasoning, which for some reasoning you do not want to see(ostrich in the sand?),is purely for emotional reasons to open up and not berate at length about some mundane or digressive point.I have better uses of time and am using it profitably and charitably.

It is in debating that as I said in one comment before, that my thinking and reactance capaicty grows, against such useless comments.

If you do want friends or admirers you must share and give a lot more given that you have so many qualifications.Maybe the fact that students here are not admiring you as much as myself despite the fact that you have more degrees than me, bothers you inside, which is your problem.I mince no words before anyone and Im not here to compete with anyone or their degrees and many times have repeated that there are many people with greater number of degrees than me(you being an example), I compete only with myself.Whether I accumulate foes or friends would be seen by my work and how impactive and useful it is to people/students.I care not for friend or foe or for praises or brickbats,I remain the same.The same anonymous Vidhyashankar.

Yes, I have an ego and at the same time it is sublimated in anonymity.

(Guest)

vidhyaplzzz dont take 2heart all these comments....we are all withu.....i read every word of urs am not read once but many many times...this is the impact u have made on studentzz like that.peoplesay manythings outofjealousy...pleasedont feeloffended....cheersfrommyside....im a great great fanof urs..i login only to read ur messages and a lightbrowisng....thtas ll...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: