Easy Office

Unemployment of ca

Page no : 3

ravi (unemployed) (185 Points)
Replied 20 January 2012

wen thers shortage of supply thn demand,,as we knw price goes up...but as warrenn buffet said,price is wat u pay n value is wat u derive...previously,wen the pass percentage was lower,the gap was more btwn demand supply..bad poducts ,,like sum qualified c.a's with no proper knwledge app skills were deriving high packages...as we all buy defective products wen thers req of a product n no supply of gud products as bad products satisfy the req lil lesser thn perfection...now wen gud products cum into market in huge no,,ppl discard bad products n buy new ones...sames hppng now...smarter students are increasing ..pass percentage is increasing..the no of gud products are increasing...c.a with no allround devlopment,either loose job or wont get job...instead of improving themself,they make yay yay here in cyber world n real world n reduce the value of the profession..this degree gives u bread..if u cant value it properly n trust it,,its uderstood y guys like above are so fearfull of unemp...

being a c.a club,shw sum maturity in postings...

if u reach companies req,y will they reject u...common sense..u wil b paid ur worth to protect u from poaching...may b ther r less no of posts vacant now due to phase of global economy...with ryt attitude u can face it...

passing c.a requires to get gud marks..getting job requires addtnl things..

more ovr,recently wen ppl lost jobs in i.t industry..some resorted to suicides..some tactically improved their skills n made sure tht they r worthfull to the company...some setup their own businesses n made life..its all in attitide...even the prime minister of ny country looses his job if he underperform the expectations....

keep ur fear aside,show sum eq..lets discuss how to get jobs in present scenario..lets not do this blamegaming on icai n its results..they know wat they r  doing...

1 Like

(Guest)

Kamal 

You are right , CA foundation course is better than CPT, to control the results. But  for ex. See there 3000 seats in IIMs , suppose due to worst market condition , only 2000 IIM got plced in one year campus and continued same for another three years , then what you suggest IIM to reduce its total seats from 3000 to 2000.

Please find the placement records of IIT ,there was not 100% in all IIT during recession.

Then how can you expect from CA .

Last but not least , A CA has option take a chair and table with stamp to start its own practice in worst conditions, but this option is not with IIT/IIM.

CA. JAIN (Chartered Accountant) (466 Points)
Replied 20 January 2012

hhii rajiv,

yes it is true that option for chair and table is open for us...but think those persons who wants to enter into corpate ..how they enter...??? nd some friends are suggesting for proprietorship...think...hw much work we will get as fresher ca in initial 5 years...nd what abt that peron that have no contacts...how they starts practice...some of friends are saying why are u blamming icai,,,reply to that why not...afterall we are the member of icai..nd rajiv ji last time icai campus placement was 10% ...its nly due to wrong estimatse by icai that there is shortage of 2 lakhs ca...today i heard that one ca may11 paassout started  job @ 10000pm and one of the largest news group patrika rajasthan hired ca @ 175000 pa...

table and chair tao notary wala bhi laga k baithta hai..aissi condition ca ki na ho jaye...i knw that it will not happen bt just joking,,,

thanks,

(Guest)

Dear Kamal ,

I totally agreed with you , during our time whene there were very less CA , Mostly CA were hired at mere 7000/12000 PM by CA firms. Recent the package of Fresher CA gone 6 Lacs P A.

You know the very well companies do not want o hire any professional just for cost cutting, the situatiuons of ecomy is bad, this is temporary ,will be over over period of time.

ICAI can not match its results with market conditions and that will not be good for any institute , i cited IIM /IIR as*xapmples , but you are silent on that .

So , we can suggest ICAI to deveopl more qualiltes in new CA's, I can not say reducing reslust is solution to this situations.

Replied 20 January 2012

sir,

u are giving eg. that 2000 out of 3000 placed in iim...i have no data of that..bt whatever its was good arnd 70% ...i think whch were never happened in icai...nd u r saying..that at your time fresher ca got 7000 pm..so people shld start at 10-12 or 15 k...sir itna tao bcom karke bhi earn kar sakte hai..nd why not expect for at least 3 lakhs plus...in tier 2 cities and 4 lakhs in metro..afterall we passed one of the toughest exam..nd given 5 years of life...nd i dont think that icai doesnot control result..more than 50% agree with me..that icai controls the result..in lots of way..whether by scalling , tough marking or etc.yes sir package have rised ..in last placement 58 students got out of 11k package plus 10 lakhs..but if u look at average package...it is continuiously going to down..icai has started cpt only for to make ca course popular in 2006..because that time was lack of students...cmii should take initiative as mba college to place chartered accountants...nd one example at the end...now consulting firms hr ask from the ca abt the definition of statutory audit...

CA Suraj Lakhotia (IndigoLearn) (4898 Points)
Replied 20 January 2012

Please do not settle down for 12-15K per month. If you are working for this package, then doing CA has added no value to you. 

Replied 20 January 2012

hii suraj,

totally agree with you....

CA Vishal (CA working in industry) (620 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

The real  fact is you go to any medium size  CA firm  a fresher CA will not get more than 25K . and medium size Co will not pay you more than 30-35K.pm  . Now the problem is  a fresh CA after doing 3  years of articleship  would not expect this package simply because even 4 years exp graduate would earn 30k per month

neetu (CA) (91 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

CA firms dont even give a 25k many a times. Actually the problem is two sided. The CA firms also dont consider the articleship and offer very low packages. As far as corporates are concerned they want relevant corporate experience and the experience of a mid size firm is not considered there also. I think every body would agree that most of the students do their articleship from a smll firm Therefore at the end of 4 years we are qualified but not employable.

GIRISH (CA) (21 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR EVERY NEW QUALIFIED CA TO START ITS OWN PRACTICE COZ THERE IS LOT OF COMPETITION IN MARKET. IN INITIAL STAGE IF HE NOT GET PROPER WORK THEN HE GOT FRUSTRATED.

IF THERE IS NO PROPER JOB IN MARKET FOR CA THEN WHY INSTITUTE DECLARE THIS TYPE OF RESULT. INSTITUTE CAN MAKE RESULT TIGHT AS EARLIER.

SOME OF FRND SAY ABOVE DAT BEFORE BCMING CA STUDENT GET 500P.M. AS STIPEND THEN ACCORDING TO THAT NEW CA GOT SALARY AS EQUAL TO STIPEND AFTER SPENDING 4-5 YEAR OF HIS LIFE...

SARAVANAN.M (PRACTICE) (83 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

Basically one has to understand that neither the institute nor the companies guarantee fixed amount of  salary when a student passes the exams.  It is only the expectations of the companies  that a  CA would out perform and is capable of delivering  extra-ordinary performance when they are appointed. Qualifications serve only at the entry level and can be sustained or improved by the quality of service and attitude of the employee.  

Companies are not offering fat salaries since  we are chartered accounts; it is because they expect from us so much in terms of performance and efficiency. For example when a compnay is offering Rs.12 lakh pa for a fresher basing his marks and ranks, it means that the company is expecting to use the candidate for more worth than Rs. 12 Lakh.

Hence one cannot evaluate the merits of the course by considering the shorterm situations. It is purely based on the individuality.

SARAVANAN.M

1 Like

Replied 21 January 2012

hi saravanam,

nice statement...

u r saying that qualification serve only entry level...then after it depend on person to person how they create their career,,,correct...but think...how they will perform without entry...my dear friend ab tao entry bhi nai ho paa rai ...

1 Like

ravi (unemployed) (185 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

my ans to all the abv  raised issues wud b like this...

ppl are basically talking abt higher pass %...these existing c.a's in market are worried tht new c.a's may unearth their positon...thts y bashing icai...

i personally did research n found out valuation system...medical  or c.A regulators do some calculations n control..icai will control thru setting tuff papers n tuff correcton..wat thy can do if ppl start cracking it...

ppl say abt pe1..so wat..pe1 was last hapnd in 06..if its ther now,who knows pass percentage wud b same or evn higher thn cpt..wats the guarantee..instead they can set more so called tuff(subjective) papers...

n more ovr knowledge is nt perishable..the products shelf life is more n it cud sold if not today later on fr ryt price...wen bajaj was ruling 2 wheelers with chetak scooters..hero honda came up with bikes n u all knw wat hapnd...bajaj dint sit at home n cry or dint bash govt for allowing motorcycles tht too japanese in indian market..they dint cry n make yay yay abt their lost situation...they came with pulsar..u all knw wat hapnd frm then...

like wise,ther r many examples...its all attitude..life is constant n continuous journey...c.a final passing getting certi is a pit stop...

i can vouch for this n u all know...only a dumb fellow cud for being a c.a...

u jus cant blame icai for all things...

fr ny profession,the basic thing is u shud hav ryt attitude...many guys said sum guy is doing for 10000 pm etc...so wat..y r u damn worried..more ovr tht is abnormal loss situation..wat u leraned in 5 yrs in costing..we plan on normal situations...abnormals jus happn...jus bcos sum guy is earning nly 10000 doesnt make c.a degree less valuable..frens in my circle are earning in the range of 5-18 lpa///..normally ny guy cud get min 4lpa also,if hes a repeater n dummy articles...lets not be fearfull abt sum guy getting only 10000..i hope u guys are nt like tht..at least i m confident tht i m better thn him n can earn min 5lpa...

i never post in caclub..this discussion of unemp of c.a really appeared baseless...

so i  posted...

stop blaming icai(mother)...they gave u life..live it ..make most of it...

ther will always b a demand FOR BETTER PROFESSIONAL N WEN BETTER GUY CUMS IN,THE GOOD GUYS ARE ASKED TO LEAVE..:(..LETS NOT BE SOUP BOYS..

PPL WHO ARE WORRIED ABT UNEMP SHUD INTROSPECT UR SELF...IF 10000 NEW C.A GUYS ARE ADDED THIS TIME,IN CAMPUS ATLEAST 1000 GET SELECTED N THER R JOB SITES N CONTACTS...IF U R NOT SELECTED THN U R NOT UP TO STANDARD..Y BLAME ICAI..

MS SAMEER (CMA*CA*CMDM*ast FUND MANAGER*LEGAL ADVISOR)   (14938 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

agree wt ankur ji

No one can give you the guarantee. First finish your study and develop professional attitude. Very soon job will be with you. There is no point of professional degree if you lose hop after getting the same.

CA Vishal (CA working in industry) (620 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

If a professional course cannot guarantee a job then  what is a point of doing that course .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spending 5 crucial years  of your life...is not easy . Any degree is of use only if it help us to  survive and earn after all you go for higher education only because you want a better job, better salary  and ofcourse knowledge . Somewhere down the line it is  very tough to accept the fact that you are unemployed after putting in so much efforts . With regard to professional attitude CA pass out are professionals but CA firms do not have as they offer such low package.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: