Easy Office
LCI Learning

Unemployment of ca

Page no : 4

CA. JAIN (Chartered Accountant) (466 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

Originally posted by : VISHAL

If a professional course cannot guarantee a job then  what is a point of doing that course .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spending 5 crucial years  of your life...is not easy . Any degree is of use only if it help us to  survive and earn after all you go for higher education only because you want a better job, better salary  and ofcourse knowledge . Somewhere down the line it is  very tough to accept the fact that you are unemployed after putting in so much efforts . With regard to professional attitude CA pass out are professionals but CA firms do not have as they offer such low package.

100% agree.....

CA Suraj Lakhotia (IndigoLearn) (4898 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

My friends have waited and struggled for over 5-6 months to get a good job. They did not accept anything below what they considered to be a bare minimum for their qualification. Later they were selected by good companies and were offered good profile. 

If those posting and worried about unemployment feel that high paying jobs would walk up to them, then I am sorry. You need to go out and search. Rejections will be there. Life is not a cake walk. No one guaranteed that life after CA would be easy. 

If you have the conviction in you, you will never be unemployed..whether you are a CA or not.. Attitude is all that matters. If someone cannot crack an interview, how can you hold ICAI responsible for that?? 

Those arguing for reducing the pass percentage etc, please understand that the quality of students, the facilities, coachings etc available to the students have improved. So did the results. If some one is able to crack the exam, why should he/she be stopped. Engineering has lost its charm. Earlier all students scoring 80-85+ in their tenth used to opt for science. Science was the thing to be opted then. Things have changed now. Students scoring in the 90% band are opting for commerce and then CA. 

2 Like

Replied 21 January 2012

My friends have waited and struggled for over 5-6 months to get a good job. They did not accept anything below what they considered to be a bare minimum for their qualification. Later they were selected by good companies and were offered good profile. 

If those posting and worried about unemployment feel that high paying jobs would walk up to them, then I am sorry. You need to go out and search. Rejections will be there. Life is not a cake walk. No one guaranteed that life after CA would be easy. 

If you have the conviction in you, you will never be unemployed..whether you are a CA or not.. Attitude is all that matters. If someone cannot crack an interview, how can you hold ICAI responsible for that?? 

Those arguing for reducing the pass percentage etc, please understand that the quality of students, the facilities, coachings etc available to the students have improved. So did the results. If some one is able to crack the exam, why should he/she be stopped. Engineering has lost its charm. Earlier all students scoring 80-85+ in their tenth used to opt for science. Science was the thing to be opted then. Things have changed now. Students scoring in the 90% band are opting for commerce and then CA. 

4 Like

CA Nikhil Jhanwar (CA,CS) (4447 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

After reading all posts and your comments I think All of You are right in your perspective. Because one's opinion comes from the angle where he is standing.........It will not be wrong to say that those CA Freshers who are in good position will surely say that what is required is good attitude, communication skill, personality development etc. and those who are unemployed will be in favour of dull job market, higher result........etc...I have to say:

1. First time: As per my knowledge I think such long lasted discussion on unemployement is being made for the first time.......Alhtough no Institute gurantees gud job and neither we should hope it from ICAI......but if for the first time nubmer of New CAs are remaining unemployed apart from recession, expecatation, addtional skills,.......unemployement state can't be ruled out......Because in all campuses of ICAI normally 30-40% recruitments are made and other are gradually absorbed but this time situation is really worse......Higher result in recent period is one of the reason behind it.:

2. Higher result:  Four fold increase in  passing percentage of CAs cant merely happen because new generation have become more smart or intelligent.....Level of paper and lever of marking also have role to play in this.......Some standards should be maintained for the result and most of the people think ICAI control it.........Practically speaking, I am not commenting or questioning on capability or talent of any student (If any of you are hurted I feel sorry but I can't resist in writing it).........Do you really think So that it is possible to score around 90-95 marks in a theory paper Like ISCA and that too in second most toughest exam of country i.e. CA.......Something it is giviing rise to alarming situtation,  question on credibility of our profession, value of CA. Infact our guardians/parents are not satisfied with us.........

3. Effect of unemployement: I agree with opinion that jobs cant be created overnight for 10k to 15K CAs...even not in 5-6 months.....it is going to have long term impact. ........If we talking about higher result......we all are also part of the same.......but now it is better to wait for 6 months to pass than giving higher results........ atleast the standard and value of profession will remain intact

4. Atitude, skills: It is true that to sustain in todays competition good communication skills, sound knowledge and ability to sell yourself is important........But we cant expect that every candidate will be passout from high profiles schools, part of metros......Most of the people come from small towns background and it takes time to develop these skills and these skills are not merely one time effort but continuing one.......But atleast opportunity should be given to us to prove ourselves......Other skills will gradually develop once we are part of the corporate world.

5. Practice: 10 years ago Practice seems to be bright future option but it not the case today......Competition has increased drastically........and neither any established firm nor any corporate client are ready to provide assignments to Fresh Practicing CAs. It requires intial capital investment which all of us cant afford. 

6. Good Packages vis-a-vis Interest : Issue is not about offering good packages.......IN addition to it the person should also have interest in the area in which he is working and whether he is really enjoying that work...Otherwise what is benefit of doing uninterested work only for a attractive packiage

7. HR Lacuna: There are many of the examples and cases such as Person intersted in Taxation is doing work in auditing function and vide-versa......This results into that even those who are already employed are desprate to switch to another opportunity of their interest.......Thus there is mismatch between interest and available option.

8. Best Option: Although demand is there for CAs but it for experienced ones atleast of 1 year of post qualification experience......Becuase many corporates don't pefer freshers for job and it is surprising that even good articlehip exposure that too of 3 years is not considered by corporates......Best option is to join what is availabe, work for atleast 6m to one year and then We can try for new opprotunity......

Wish U ALL d BEST FOR UR BRIGHT FUTURE AHEAD........

Regards,

1 Like

S.ASWATH (Manager) (704 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

AGREE WITH ANKUR JI

IF THEY DON'T GET THE JOB THIS FULLY THEIR FAULT NOT ONLYLOT OF JOB AVAILABLE IF THEIR ARE WANT THEY CAN GET

Ashish shukla (Industrial trainee) (110 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

insttute is not at all responsible for unemplymnt of chartred accountants ,

CA. JAIN (Chartered Accountant) (466 Points)
Replied 21 January 2012

hii ashish,

its true that icai cant take responsbility, but icai can put more efforts to place ca frehers...

and s.aswath...i think u r not aware with the conditions of market..its not correct to say that fresher ca not getting job...its due to their fault...plz respect to others..

Replied 21 January 2012

Coming to scoring of marks, Students have been scoring in the range of 90s in subjects like Auditing, Corporate Law, Information Systems (PCC), Organisation and Management (Foundation) since the time (2004) i have been seeing marks scored by CA students.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ankur Garg

Agree with Raj Kumar Ji...

No one can give you the guarantee. First finish your study and develop professional attitude. Very soon job will be with you. There is no point of professional degree if you lose hop after getting the same.

All the best

I have become a fan of the professional way of giving advice to others without considering the qualification :)  . I hv come across some posts in caclubindia where even experienced people have used unprofessional words for the members and students of other institutes. 

Thanks!! please keep sharing your great ideas and experiences and I firmly believe that it will be useful for the students and members of all the professional bodies (CA/CS/CWA)

1 Like

ravi (unemployed) (185 Points)
Replied 22 January 2012

its just mass hysteria tht sum 1 cant score 90+ in sum subs n esp in isca...

ppl said,edison was a fool..light cud never b invented..he did it...

ppl laughed at wright bros..wen they were trying to make a man fly...ppl said,,how can a man fly with our wings..

the point is mass are mostly wrong..its these diff ppl who changed the path of humanity n mass follows..

i heard sum 1 scored 98 in isca...evn i feel lil tuffer while reading it..wen i heard it,it gave me positive vibes tht see my fellow human being has done it...v shud b happy for the achievement...instead mass ppl here n outside started saying he must hav mugged up,he must hav had contacts...

wat an unprofessional n sik attitude..

may b the candidate reached icai's standards in tht paper..may b he's masters in ccomputer sciences...or may b he jus loves tht sub...think positivley...guys with this kind of wrong attitude n who cant trust n praise others achievements will obviously arent fit nuf to get a job..

the reality in evry profession like dr..who settle as physician n who does multiple heart surgeries in  a day...doctors who giv life n doctors who take lifes of female foetus..engineers who build structures which stand for yrs n engnr whoose structures fall while building..in evry profession,its u how apply ur knowledge...the more no of ppl u r knowledge helps the more ppl value u n more salary n compensation...assuming tht there wud b 3000 posts this yr n 10000 c.a's hav cum out..the remaining lot will cry...they shud fist introspect,if they were in cream 3000,they wud hav got selected..y blame icai...

secondly,,ny guy can help a horse uptill a lake..then he cant force it to drink water..it has to do it by itself...even animals,hunt their own food..at ungerage..

icai helped u to make a life with the degree..degree gives u limited knowledge which is in books.tis ur duty to posses addtnl knwledge n go for the hunt...its only foolish to balme icai,results etc..u all do it in mass hysteria,fear etc ..which is vry vry unprofessional n make sum judgments showing sum facts..plz stop making statements ...no one can get 98 in isca..or sum guy got only 200000lpa..or sum guy got only 400000 lpa...

they got wat they deserve in the present situation...if u dont know how to play game,y to blame umpire..its not companies problem if u cum frm rural bakgrnd or no gus articles base etc...i havseen pl frm rural bakgrnds making wonders in c.a field with gud comm skills...

if u really want sumthing frm heart,u will achieve it..our brains are made like tht..other wise u will say...paper is tuff,no demand in market..icai is not helping u to get a job...icai setting loose papers..icai giving more result...

from decades ,,ppl say icai control results..if at all they control the only legal logical n rational method shud be to resort to tuff papers n tuff correction..n tuffnesss is sub..if icai thinks they hav set tuff papers n resorted to tuff correction but students still crack it..y blame icai..

1 Like

Replied 22 January 2012

Originally posted by : Asok k

if supply increases , demand decreases, price or pay packages also decrease..  one of my friend was offered job in HCL technologies for 4 lac in a metro. when my friend demanded more salary, they told there are lot of ca s available, if u dont want this package we dont need u.

who told u tht wen supply increases demand decreases...

demand being same,supply increases or supply being same,demand decreases or %of change in supply is not equal to % of change in demand then price varies...

if u say supply increases demand decreases automatically,then price decreases etc in interview..obviously u will remain unemp...:(..

Replied 22 January 2012

This time someone scored in the range of 90s in ICSA and the same has been hot topic of dicussion. NO one is willing to accept that he had scored it with it efforts. People question that how can a failure in 7 subjects score 90 in ICSA. Well last time there was one student who had scored 520+ and failed in ICSA and similar questions being asked - How can a student of rankholders ability fail in ICSA. We tend to catch hold of these one off cases and start judging the evaluation criteria.

I myself had my score in ICSA at 44 even though I had scored 88 in PE II. Same subject so i should not have scored 44 after what i scored in PEII but then that day was just not my day. I know what i wrote and the marks i scored was just 1 less than what I had expected.

Many students come up to me and say we had expected x,y,z marks but we got only this much - How is this possible? To this, my only reply is "I dont know what you have written but at least in my case this is what i had expected (the marks from my diary) and this is what I got" . Only a couple of subjects had huge differences (one positivev and one negative) which was explainable by suggested answers. 

1 Like

Replied 22 January 2012

For all those who are attending interviews this season - please ensure that you participate productivily in group discussions. There are plenty of material available on internet and plenty of videos available on youtubes on group discussions and interviews. Take help of these and be prepared. Gear up for the interviews and give your best.

Replied 22 January 2012

Originally posted by : CA Suraj Lakhotia

This time someone scored in the range of 90s in ICSA and the same has been hot topic of dicussion. NO one is willing to accept that he had scored it with it efforts. People question that how can a failure in 7 subjects score 90 in ICSA. Well last time there was one student who had scored 520+ and failed in ICSA and similar questions being asked - How can a student of rankholders ability fail in ICSA. We tend to catch hold of these one off cases and start judging the evaluation criteria.

I myself had my score in ICSA at 44 even though I had scored 88 in PE II. Same subject so i should not have scored 44 after what i scored in PEII but then that day was just not my day. I know what i wrote and the marks i scored was just 1 less than what I had expected.

Many students come up to me and say we had expected x,y,z marks but we got only this much - How is this possible? To this, my only reply is "I dont know what you have written but at least in my case this is what i had expected (the marks from my diary) and this is what I got" . Only a couple of subjects had huge differences (one positivev and one negative) which was explainable by suggested answers. 

yep,,this very professional ans will make those yay yay mouths shut...i remember the case u posted,las tym evry 1 said,how can guy fail in isca aftr seeing his othr marks...now they are saying how can he/she get 90+ in isca...y dont u think deeply guys...first of all u dont know wat he wrote n u dont know wat icai's key for isca is..with out knowing facts u r judging case n qustng valuation criteria n the students success...

if u dont know facts of the case,then atleast think positively..tht inspires u n others to score..instead wen ppl say he mugged up,he has contacts..u r loosing an opportunity to get inpired n showing ur unprofessional attitude..

jus bcos v cant /dint achieve sum things doesnt mean they r unachievable n jus bcos u cudnt achieve n sum 1 achieved doesnt call u to say tht his success is flawed..

this is real problem of ny country's education system n even in ca.

u get degree of ny kind wen u score min prescribed marks..ny guy who gets higher marks gets higher rank  n higher packages..

but no one n cant measure common sense n attitude..no school of tot provides quantification measures for common sense n attitude...companies hav to scren ur marks list for tht reason...most of the times,co expect a lot by seeing marks but guys altho they hav knowledge lack in poerformance bcos of lack of common sense...

sum 1 said,knowledge is strength but common sense is expertise..

c.a final,icai book says,,objective...expert knowledge..blend of common sense n knowledge of sub..

common sense comes from deep tot...the biggest problem in present days education system is n in c.a too is,,we all are spoon fed,no pain,,so no deep tots ...

like candidates ther wil b gud n bad interviewers...but they hav more bargaining power thn u..its upto u n u hav to deal with it..u cant expect icai to show the way all the time...this spoon feeding n too much dependence has to stop..

sum guys frame of mind is  tht,once they bcum c.a ..thts it..companies will run n com to ur home or reach u n offer u 600000 lpa..  question urselves..those are past days..demand being more higher thn supply,sum defective .ca's got high packages..now demand being same or falling n supply increasing only c.a with real worth get opportunity,,wat evr it is..emp/practice...

wen i.t went thru ruff phase recently..its only useless ppl shown the door..the real test is during tuff times..u r intrinsic worth gets proved then..wat work does the captain of the ship got to do wen the ship is sailing..barely min..his real talent gets proven during/in troubled waters...

its mostly these guys with sum defects in knowledge/dummy articles/who lack gud comm skills/lack of man management skills suffer ...for their own mistakes,..its better for them n for the profession if they equip themself n correct themself to suit the requirement of our service seekers...

simple commonsense,if u r usefull,companies/service seekers will use u n compensate u ..or else they will choose better guy..a doctor whose ability is to chk fever can expect 200 bucks n a doctor who can do heart transplant cud expect 200000 ..thts reasonable..like wise, a c.a with few defects shudnt expect 600000/800000 lpa ..its either he shud improve skills or reduce expectations..

wen u sit in hr dept,evn u wont pay the price of 600000 for a c.a worth 400000..
  simple rationalism..allz fair in love war n business...companies are here to do business,keep costs low n make more profits..

in any interview if u cud impress them,hav gud knowledge,common sense etc etc u r bargaining power improves...think in tht way..n dont get depressed..

1 Like

(Guest)

we should talk about this only after campus placements gets over.no body voice against the baseless policies made by icai regrading articleship,cpe hours etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: