Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BALU.... (CCI STUDENT....)     13 March 2009

Scheme for Practical Training to ICWAI students

With effect from 1st day of January 2008, every registered student under the Revised syllabus 2008 shall be required to undergo practical training for a period of 3 years on whole time basis to the satisfaction of the Council in any one or more of the following organizations given under clause 2 and in the areas given in clause 3 for the purpose of recognition for training.

A student working in any of the organizations specified in clause 2 in the functional areas given in clause 3 below shall be exempted from training.

1. Objectives of the Practical Training

• To develop among the students the necessary skills required to apply theoretical knowledge of cost and management accounting to practical situations in different professional fields

• Exposure to environments under which different organizations work

• Providing on-job experience of practical aspects of Cost and Management Accounting

• Developing disciplined attitude required for a professional

• Awareness on ethical values in professional work

2. Organizations recognized for Training

Student working as Trainee will be hereinafter referred to as Cost & Management Trainee.  The Cost & Management Trainee shall undergo practical training under (1) Practicing Cost Accountant or (2) a firm of Cost Accountants or (3) in any of the following organizations under a professionally qualified person. The organizations other than the firms of professionals will be recognized for the purpose of training of the students if its annual turnover is Rs 5 crores or more. The authority under which the training is undertaken is referred to as Principal hereinafter.

1. Central/State Government / Semi-Government / Public Utilities
  2. Banks and other Financial Institutions
  3. Insurance Company
  4. Public Sector Unit
  5. Public Limited Company
  6. Private Limited Company
  7. Information Technology Sector
  8. KPO / BPO
  9. Stock Exchange
  10. Universities, Management Institutes and any other educational institute
  11. Limited Liability Partnership Firm
  12. Management Consultancy Firms
  13. NGO
  14. Co-operative societies engaged in Banking, Manufacturing
  15. Any other institution as approved by the Council

3. Recognized areas for Training:

1. Management Accounting
  2. Cost Accounting
  3. Financial Accounting
  4. Financial Management
  5. Auditing
  6. Regulatory compliances
  7. Direct Taxation
  8. Indirect Taxation
  9. Corporate Laws, Industrial Laws, Commercial Laws
  10. Systems Analysis, Information Technology (including ERP system)
  11. Project Management
  12. Banking Operations
  13. Insurance
  14. Valuation
  15. Financial Services
  16. Teaching in Finance, Accounts, Costing, Taxation, Management and subjects covered in ICWAI Syllabus (other than visiting faculty)
  17. Management Consultancy Services as defined in appendix 6 under Regulation 111 of CWA Regulation, 1959
  18. Any other areas approved by the Council

8 Replies

CMA KNVV Sri Vidya - Sri Kanth

CMA KNVV Sri Vidya - Sri Kanth (C.A.Final (New) ICWAI FINAL (New))     13 March 2009

hey thanks for sharing keep it up
Santhosh Poojary

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI)     13 March 2009

GREAT INFORMATION SIR.................. HEARTLY THANKFUL TO YOU.................

Inderpal Singh

Inderpal Singh (Accountant)     11 March 2010

hi

I have completed my B.Com from Delhi University in 2008 and besides I am working as an Accounts Manager in a Partnership Firm. My total work experience in finance and accounts is more than 4+ years.

I am very much interested to pursue the ICWA but somewhere I have heard that If I go for this then I would have to go under through CWA Practical Training ?

Will it not be possible that my work experience could be considered intead of doing CWA Practical Training.? I want to do the ICWA but please suggest If I go for this then, will I have to go through the training or training would be exempted on the basis of my work experience.

Please Advise.

Regards,

Inderpal Singh

var addthis_config = { services_compact: 'orkut,facebook,twitter,linkedin,yahoomail,gmail,hotmail,more' }

E.KALAIKOVAN

E.KALAIKOVAN (Sr. Accounts Manager )     17 March 2010

Sir,

Good Information.

I completed ICWAI Inter in Jun 96 and joined Final in revised syllabus 2008 in Aug 09. Now i am going to appear Jun 10 exam.

Now I am working in a public limited company as Executive Finance. I have 14 years experience.

Should I go for Training ?. Is there any procedure to obtaining exemption?

I have not applied for Traning so far. How to apply for the training if training is compulsory?

Thank You

Abhishek  Kumar

Abhishek Kumar (Student)     01 February 2011

thanks for this & keep updates for this information.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden (CS )     03 February 2011

I AM INTERESTED IN DOING THE CWA COURSE,CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME THE ELGIBILITY TO APPEAR IN FINAL COURSE AFTER INTER EXAM , DO WE HAVE TO COMPLETE 3 YRS TRAINING TO BE ELIGIBLE TO SIT FOR FINAL EXAM OR CAN WE GIVE DIRECTLY AFTER PASSING INTERMEDIATE EXAM,IF SO WHAT SHOULD BE THE TIME GAP .ALSO HOW  CAN I GET  EXEMPTION IN COMPUTER TRAINING,I HAVE DONE IT FROM ICSI  

BENAKA AITHAL

BENAKA AITHAL (Student Mcom,CWA)     04 February 2011

Sir

I'm the student of cwa inter. can you please tell me which author is best to refer for the financial accounts....

dhatchayani

dhatchayani (accountant)     22 May 2012

Sir,

I have around 10 yrs exp working in Accounts in a senior position and I am 40 now, and wish to go for icwa - inter postal coaching and  have heard that apart from clearing the exam we need to go for industrial training for 3 years with 100 hrs of computer training as well.

Is the industrial training not exempted for experienced persons like me.  And also wish to know the step by step procedure that involves while going for an icwa - inter thru postal coaching.  Bcoz i get different informations about the courses and feel it quite confusing. 

kindly advice me with a step to step procedure right from the registrations to the exams for qualifying

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register