Covid19 Alert : Keep Social distance and utilize your time by joining CA CS CMA online classes at 30% disc Coupon: SAFE30 Call : 1800-3000-0505

CS(EP) Study Materials/Bare Acts-reg

^^^ AJIT ^^^ (SERVICE & CS [CONTD.])     29 May 2008

^^^ AJIT ^^^
SERVICE & CS [CONTD.] 
 24 likes  1454 points

| My Other Post

I am planning to sit in for the CS(Executive Programme) in Dec/2008. My queries are :

(1) Whether all the six Study Materials (Text Books) provided by the ICSI for the CS(EP) are self-sufficient? If not, please name some additional suggested readings/books for the Paper(s) which is/are NOT self-sufficient.

(2) Also please let me know if reading of Bare Acts is necessary. Please suggest the name of  a Book (Compilation of  Bare Acts) which covers all the corporate laws for the CS-Executive Programme.

avater

S Venkatesan FCA, CS, Grad.CWA (DIRECTOR GCC ACADEMY (For CA ICWA and ACS) www.guruscoaching.com www.guruscoaching.blogspot.com)     29 May 2008

S Venkatesan FCA, CS, Grad.CWA
DIRECTOR GCC ACADEMY (For CA ICWA and ACS) www.guruscoaching.com www.guruscoaching.blogspot.com 
 18 likes  653 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Hi

The institute material is good. You need not refer any other book. Bare act is important for CS and you can buy the book called "corporate laws" by Bharat Law house. This contains most of the acts relating to Company law, industrial law and economic laws. Apart from institute material reference to this bare act is sufficient.

avater

Shefali Bajpai (Article Assitant & CA Final Student)     29 May 2008

Shefali Bajpai
Article Assitant & CA Final Student 
 15 likes  1148 points

@ SIR S Venkatesan

Is there any publication in the market which gives exhaustive coverage to the Case Laws for Corporate Law and Secritarial Practices Paper of CA Final?

Regards,

Shefali.

avater

S Venkatesan FCA, CS, Grad.CWA (DIRECTOR GCC ACADEMY (For CA ICWA and ACS) www.guruscoaching.com www.guruscoaching.blogspot.com)     29 May 2008

DIRECTOR GCC ACADEMY (For CA ICWA and ACS) www.guruscoaching.com www.guruscoaching.blogspot.com 
 18 likes  653 points

Hi

You can refer to the ACS institute material (final) which will have good coverage of case laws relating to company law and secretarial practice.

^^^ AJIT ^^^ (SERVICE & CS [CONTD.])     30 May 2008

^^^ AJIT ^^^
SERVICE & CS [CONTD.] 
 24 likes  1454 points

Hi CA S Venkatesan Sir,

Thank you for your suggestions. Could you please give me the name of author and Price of the book "Corporate Laws" and contact Address/Phone/Fax/E-mail ID of the Publisher/Seller so that I can buy the book. I shall remain ever grateful to you for this service.

avater

Shefali Bajpai (Article Assitant & CA Final Student)     30 May 2008

Shefali Bajpai
Article Assitant & CA Final Student 
 15 likes  1148 points

Thanks for the reply Sir btw. does ACS institute mean ICSI?

Regards,

Shefali.

avater

S Venkatesan FCA, CS, Grad.CWA (DIRECTOR GCC ACADEMY (For CA ICWA and ACS) www.guruscoaching.com www.guruscoaching.blogspot.com)     30 May 2008

18 likes  653 points

Yes. ACS institute means ICSI.

avater

S Venkatesan FCA, CS, Grad.CWA (DIRECTOR GCC ACADEMY (For CA ICWA and ACS) www.guruscoaching.com www.guruscoaching.blogspot.com)     30 May 2008

18 likes  653 points

The name of the book is Bharat's Corporate Laws. This is a collection of bare acts. The publishers are Bharat Law house pvt Ltd , T-1/95, Mangolpuri Industrial Area, Phase I New Delhi 83. Their phone nos are: 2791 0001-03

email id is : blh @ bol.net.in or blh1 @ vsnl.com

website is: bharatlaws.com

Price for 2007 edition was Rs 395.

^^^ AJIT ^^^ (SERVICE & CS [CONTD.])     30 May 2008

^^^ AJIT ^^^
SERVICE & CS [CONTD.] 
 24 likes  1454 points

Thanks for the information. I've sent you a PM. Please reply if you get a chance.

avater

Leonel (Service)     30 May 2008

Leonel
Service 
 2 likes  84 points

Hi Shefali

You can purchase Book on Corporate Laws & Secretarial Practice - by Munish Bhandari of Bharat Law house from any book Seller.

The Book covers numerous case laws on the CA final paper and hope that would definitely help you to understand some typical sections like 299, 297 314 as well very easily. However, while reading the same you must have bare Act as well.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here