Easy Office

Costing paper of new and old course?????????

Page no : 3

C.A. Dhara (Practising Charteded Accountant)   (188 Points)
Replied 16 November 2010

Are mere ko atleast 95 marks ka aata tha. lekin need proper time.

CA Mohd Gouse (Chartered Accountant) (497 Points)
Replied 16 November 2010

Originally posted by : Narayanan

New course was good... barring 2-3 questions, the rest were straight forward... But somehow i was able to finish the paper 5 mts be4 schedule... lucky for me i d been quite fast from the start...

Whats that throughput problem abt??? made a mess of it... i ve never seen a similar sum anywhere... can someone throw light how to do it? and the std cost sum was also a flop for me...

Rest was all ok...

Even i felt so......i left Std costing sum in Option...

THARUN (ARTICLE STUDENT) (25 Points)
Replied 16 November 2010

ICAI questions are beyond our expectations (eg : costing question paper )

THARUN (ARTICLE STUDENT) (25 Points)
Replied 16 November 2010

TOTALLY FRUSTRATED BY SEEING THESE TYPE OF QUESTIONS

Sagar (CA) (140 Points)
Replied 16 November 2010

Costing Old course paper was fine. was not that hard, but was very lengthy. Most of the chapters were covered.

On an average i heard many students saying that they left around 20 - 30 marks due to time constraint.

Sagar (Article) (37 Points)
Replied 16 November 2010

Paper was tough and Lengthy also, Theory was unexpected and being lenghty more more and more mistakes were happening. I cldnt understand Standard costing and Throughput questions. ABC and Shutdown cost was easy. Overall experience was bad :-(....

Ashish Kukreja (CA Final Student) (587 Points)
Replied 17 November 2010

go 4 next paper..Charge ICAI

Ashish Kukreja (CA Final Student) (587 Points)
Replied 17 November 2010

Those of you who are feeling demotivated try these links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjEsy6H3x_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSM1mvMypWU

Neha Agarwal (CA Final Student) (22 Points)
Replied 17 November 2010

new course...paper ws lenghty...

CA Manasa (CA) (1479 Points)
Replied 17 November 2010

New Course was quite ok. If u properly study all chapters then most of them were straight forward questions .. Only 2 to 3 questions were twisty.. It was a paper were we can pass off ..

!ayesh (to lead the other) (27 Points)
Replied 17 November 2010

why we r wastg time????   start study>>>>>

SUNNY GOPICHAND BHAGIA (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (54 Points)
Replied 17 November 2010

one of the lenghty paper i have appeared, i left about 30 marks papers 

Mayur Arora (CA Final) (295 Points)
Replied 17 November 2010

Best of Luck Guys

Prepare 4 the nxt.......

G Madhusudhan (Chief Consultant) (25 Points)
Replied 17 November 2010

Namaste everybody,

The old Course Cost Management paper is very tough for an Cost Accountant, forget about the students, even a ICWA rank holder will take minimum of 4 hours to complete this paper. Because unless you answer each questions with proper notes, nobody will award you marks.

Today situation of CA final students career are in the hands of the ICAI, because the live example is this time Old course Costing paper, to answer each question, it takes minimum of 15-20 minutes and there are 15 questions [including sub questions leaving the choice], the total minutes required to give proper answer to all the questions is 300 minutes, but our institute is expecting us to complete it in 180 minutes which is next to impossible. I hope even a brilliant student must have left 20 - 25 marks in this paper. Now, we can easily predict the Final results. I think our institute's board of studies members are exhibiting their costing experitse on poor students. But end of the day it is affecting our career for that no Qualified CA or our senior members of ICAI or our ICAI committee is bothered.

C.A. Prasad Bhumkar (prop) (52 Points)
Replied 17 November 2010

hello every one...in old course i heard that there was one question on critical path...which was tricky...can any one tell me the q. plz.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: