Tally
coaching
CA Classes

Hamali / Loading & Unloading Charges Payment entry

Hey , Can anyone help me in this query.
what is the best practice to record the hamali payment entry in Tally i.e. In case 1. Debit... Hamali A/c & Credit .... Cash / Bank A/c. In 2nd Case Debit.... Hamali Name A/c & Credit .... Cash / Bank A/c. In case 1, only one ledger will be maintained i.e. Hamali A/c . In case 2, Hamali Name1, Hamali Name2, 3, 4......... etc ledgers will be opened.

Debit.... Hamali A/c & Credit .... Cash / Bank A/c. Only one ledger will be maintained i.e. Hamali A/c .

is TDS applicable on Hamali/ Loading & Unloading Charges/ Labour charges/ Manufacturing Cooly? Please clarify me sir?

No TDS if directly paid to labours as it will not cross taxable limit.. TDS applicable in case of payment through contractor 194c applicable if cross threshold.

Thank you so much for your reply sir, amount is directly paying to labours and such amount is exceeding 1,00,000 for a year per one labour then we deduct TDS or not? Please clarify me sir? What is the TDS impact on Lorry freight i.e. lorry freight charges exceeds 50,000/- per one trip and we obtaining declaration / affidavit certificate from lorry owner that he has a less than 10 vehicles and no TDS certificate . But the same lorry repeats for the firm for so many times per a year ( roughly monhly 2 or 3 times). Then what is TDS effect?

No TDS applicable in case labour payment. It's less than 5 lacs per person.
No TDS applicable on lorry freight in such a case ( less than 10 vehicles), irrespective of how many trips they do.