Tips to Prepare for LAW ( IPCC & CA Final )
Prepared by : CA Prakash Somani (CA, B.Com, NCFM (CMDM), Pursuing CS)
1. I would not suggest referring modules in Law as they are old and expired many times.
2. Many times you are afraid of how to remember Section no’s and all … I suggest you no need to remember all sections only fundamental sections are enough to remember. The most important thing is what is inside sections.
3. Refer a good book like I suggest Munish Bhandari & GK Kapoor.
4. It would be difficult to write the way modules are written but it is very much advisable in this subject. You can practice at home.
5. Refer only one book as more then one will create lot of confusions.
6. You can not write anything in this subject else you know the law i.e. No “tukka maro pravati“ in this subject.
7. Slogan funda’s will not work here and I suggest you not to try out slogans in Law.
8. Prepare a list of important sections and stick to your study board and revise it as many times (Proved 100% successful). Make a Chart of Section serially.
9. Your “rutta pravati” may work here as there is no concept in remembering sections.
10. This is very interesting subject for those who are interested into but for those who feel it difficult to handle I suggest to use way to which they are comfortable. Just remember “you can Do It”
11. Remember one thing bol bol ke padhna bhi fayada karta he but not when someone else is getting disturbed from it.
12. Refer suggested answers or scanners to know the trend in exam i.e. which chapter is more important and which is less, you can even read in that order.
13. Understand how to answer questions based on Case Studies. Take reference guide from previous attempts answer patterns.
14. Complete a particular topic and try to solve past year question on that topic without help of books.
15. Keep some pages blank in your register after completion of each topic, put updates and other clarifications which may come afterward in your mind.
16. Remember the latest case laws and amendments as there are very much chances that examiner will ask question on that.
17. Check the pattern of question paper, instructions. Are there any changes? It's essential that you are aware of the paper style
18. Make sure that all your notes are arranged systematically.
19. Revision has to be done by keeping the outline of the chapters. This will make you go through them quick and easy.
20. Take short breaks and study. Without break you can not get more output from your studies.
21. It is not important how many hours you study; it is more important how well you have studied.
22. Time yourself while you are studying. It's essential that you finish one chapter and take 5 minutes break to do anything of your hobby to make you fresh (Listen Music)
23. Talk less to keep only specific thoughts in your mind as during exam time less you talk and more you walk will keep you charge.
24. Don't keep your queries pending, solve them immediately (you can ask me J through www.psomani.caclubindia.com ).
25. Reward yourself with an ice-cream or a brief outing after a good day's work.