The Department of Maharashtra has taken initiatives for simplifying the procedure of registration under MVAT, CST, PTEC and PTRC. Key points of the new procedure are as follows.
A single online application is required to be made for registration under all of the above. Earlier separate application was required to be made in case of registration under PTEC and PTRC. Also a single departmental authority shall look after the registration under all the acts. The revised procedure for filling of the online form is detailed in Annexure A to Circular 4T under the MVAT Act. Effective from 09.03.2015.
Now there will be no need to attend before the registration authorities for obtaining registration.
1. In case registration is sought only under the PT Act, the TIN will be issued within three working days of making the online application. The status to be checked under "Know Your TIN" tab. The certificate of registration shall be sent by post / courier with in one month.
Cases will be selected for physical verification on a random basis. In case TIN is not issued with in three working days, then the applicant will be required to attend before the concerned officer as mentioned in the acknowledgement.(Effective from 09.03.2015)
2. In case of registration under MVAT and CST, the department has introduced a system of uploading the scan copies of required documents online along with the application for registration. (The List of Documents that are required to be uploaded in provided in Annexure A to the circular 5T of the MVAT Act. Further scanned copy of the declaration form as per Annexure B and Details of Introductory Dealer, if applicable, as per Annexure C of the said circular also need to be uploaded.
The applicant needs to send the following documents with in seven days of making the online application by registered Post / Courier / Messenger to the department.
- Acknowledgement of Application Form.
- Demand Draft of Registration Fees, Deposit as may be required.
- Declaration Form
- Details of Introducing dealer, if applicable.
The department will verify the application and documents uploaded. If it find the same to be correct and complete then TIN will be generated. The same will be informed to the dealer via e-mail and the registration certificate will be sent by Post / Courier.
If the department finds any discrepancy in the application or documents then the registration will be rejected and the same will be informed via e-mail. Also the rejection order will be sent by Post / Courier. No time limit for grant / rejection of registration under MVAT has been prescribed.(Effective from 07.05.2015)
Thanks & Regards
CA Yash Goyal