The CBIC vide Notification No. 94/2020-Central Tax dated December 22, 2020, has issued Central Goods and Services Tax Rules (Fourteenth Amendment), 2020, inter alia, notifying Form GST REG-31 for "Intimation for suspension and notice for cancellation of registration" under Rule 21A of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017.
New Form GST REG-31 reads as under:
"FORM GST REG – 31
[See rule 21A]
Date: < DD >< MM >< YYYY >
Intimation for suspension and notice for cancellation of registration
In a comparison of the following, namely,
(i) returns furnished by you under section 39 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017;
(ii) outwards supplies details furnished by you in FORM GSTR-1;
(iii) auto-generated details of your inwards supplies
for the period __________ to _________;
(iv) ………………….. (specify)
and other available information, the following discrepancies/ anomalies have been revealed:
__ Observation 1
__ Observation 2
__ Observation 3
(details to be filled based on the criteria relevant for the taxpayer).
2. These discrepancies/anomalies prima facie indicate contravention of the provisions of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 and the rules made thereunder, such that if not explained satisfactorily, shall make your registration liable to be canceled.
3. Considering that the above discrepancies/anomalies are grave and pose a serious threat to the interest of revenue, as an immediate measure, your registration stands suspended, with effect from the date of this communication, in terms of sub-rule (2A) of rule 21 A.
4. You are requested to submit a reply to the jurisdictional tax officer within seven working days from the receipt of this notice, providing an explanation for the above-stated discrepancy/ anomaly. Any possible misuse of your credentials on the GST common portal, by any person, in any manner, may also be specifically brought to the notice of the jurisdictional officer.
5. The suspension of registration shall be lifted on the satisfaction of the jurisdictional officer with the reply along with documents furnished by you, and any further verification as the jurisdictional officer considers necessary.
6. You may please note that your registration may be canceled in case you fail to furnish a reply within the prescribed period or do not furnish a satisfactory reply.
NB: This is a system-generated notice and does not require a signature by the issuing authority.".
The Notification can be accessed here
Check our GST Combo Offer-