A BRIEF OF NEW CA COURSE
By ca sudhir Halakhandi
All the chartered accountants whether in practice or in service and all the CA students whether in articleship or giving their final examination will have to reply the question from their CA Friends / Non CA friends and relatives about the New CA course hence I have prepared a brief so that they can reply the satisfactorily.
The main features of the New scheme are as under:-
1. CPT will continue in the present format.
2. After clearing the CPT the student have to register for new Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) and have to sit for examination after 9 Months of Registration. The articleship is now only for 3 years and it will start only after clearing the 1st Group of IPCC and completing the prescribed Information technology Training. The completion of Information Technology training is necessary before joining the Articleship is mandatory.
3. The Final Examination can be given on clearing both the Groups of IPCC and a student can appear in the Final Examination during the last 6 Months of his training.
4. Students who want to appear in first IPCC Examination to be held in Nov. 2009 should get themselves registered for IPCC on or before 31st. Jan. 2009.
5. It appears that at present the syllabus of existing PCC will be applicable to IPCC with only one difference that the Accounting paper will be divided in two parts – Accounting in Group I and Advance Accounting in Group II hence making the total number of paper as 7.
6. Till 30th June 2009 students (who has passed the CPT but waiting for articleship including the students who has appeared in Dec-2008 CPT, result of which will be declared on 16th Jan. 2009) have option either to go for IPCC or opt for existing scheme. It appears from it that after 30th June 2009 there will be only one option i.e. IPCC.
7. The students who are already started their articleship will be governed under their old scheme.