The old will have to go and the new will come - this is the simplest theory. Also we always expect some upgraded version after the departure of old. The old Income Tax e-filing portal was too good. But Income Tax Department totally disappointed us till now after launching new E-filing 2.0 website.
It's been about a week, still multiple problems arising in the portal. Some issues and observations are highlighted regarding new portal, such as:
- Email id should be Registered with Bank: The Email id entered as Primary email in the Income Tax efiling portal, should be registered with bank, Otherwise taxpayer can not prevalidate his Bank a/c, can not enable Bank EVC and doesn't get Income Tax Refund. Earlier, only mobile no. need to be registered with bank to prevalidate bank a/c in Income Tax e-filing portal. Generally, bank registers only mobile no. to communicate with their customers. Most of the people doesn't register their email with bank a/c. Now taxpayers will have to go Bank for email id link when already most of the banks are not giving proper services since 1 year due to pandemic situation. The problem is worse at some merged banks, like PNB, Indian Bank etc. However, taxpayers may register email id with bank through official app or website of the banks, if they have debit card.
- Bank prevalidated but still it showing 'not prevalidated' in Online Return Form: Bank A/c prevalidated and EVC enabled in profile tab but still it showing 'not prevalidated' in Return forms. Probably, this happens due to ongoing technical problems in the portal.
- Much Slower than Previous Website: The people who already visited the new website will better understand that how slow the new website is! So, log in to the new portal when you have enough time and patience.
- DSC need to be Re-register: The Earlier Digital Signature (DSC) registration can not be migrated due to security and technical reasons. Taxpayers need to re-register DSCin new e-filing portal.
- Mismatch in PAN and Profile data: Mismatch in PAN and Profile data is shown when Name, D.O.B. are same, but communication addresses are different.
- E proceedings tab not working: It shows 'Coming Soon'.
- Filed I.T. Returns can't be downloaded: Filed I.T. Return forms and Acknowledgements of previous years can not be downloaded.
- No option to file 15CA/15CB: Due to several technical issues in the new portal, CBDT notifies that taxpayers can submit the aforesaid Forms in manual format to the authorized dealers till June 30th, 2021.
- Old Grievances registered are not reflecting: This happens because all data are still not migrated from old web portal.
- Old Outstanding Demands are not reflecting: This happens because all data are still not migrated from old web portal.
- Unable to raise Refund reissue request: This happens because all data are still not migrated from old web portal.
- Can't contact with CPC or e-filing Helpline: Email at 'firstname.lastname@example.org' with the description of your issue and your mobile number. They will callback you within 72 hours.
The new portal e-filing 2.0 launched to provide more user friendly service, quick processing of ITRs, quick refund and seamless experience to the taxpayers. But unfortunately the portal launched as a half cooked food. Hope the technical problems in the portal will be solved soon.
Click Here to register for an MSME Certified Advance Income Tax Certification Course to be conducted from 25th June 2021
Tags :income tax