Election Code of Conduct
In agreement with Rule 21 of the Chartered Accountants (Election to the Council) Rules, 2006, ICAI Choices 2021 for the Council and Regional Councils will be conducted on 3th December '21 in metropolises with further than members and on 4th December 2021 in all other locales. This Law provides the rules and regulation that aspirants and their authorized agents must follow, and will take effect on September 1, 2021.
1. As per the law of conduct
- On the days of polling, there will be no booths, chairpersons, tables, canopies, or and no displays on vehicles.
- During polling days, wearing or flaunting Posters, Colophons, T-shirts, Caps, or any other display material relating the seeker's name, snap, or periodical/ ballot number will be rigorously banned.
- Any person or persons performing electioneering conditioning on a seeker's behalf without his or her knowledge or authorization should be brought to the attention of the Returning Officer.
- During the validity of the Election Code of Conduct, no seeker shall attend any public gathering to admit an award or hold Press Conferences.
- Campaigners, or any of their authorized signatories, or any member, can shoot bulk SMS to choosers appealing for votes or for any electioneering purpose three times. A seeker may, nonetheless, shoot one to one SMS from their own mobile phone without restriction.
- Display of banner advertisements or any gifts, flyers, leaflets ( other than those allowed under Rule 42) or any other hype accoutrements, including free distribution of books/ timetables/ journals/ handouts, in physical form or electromagnetic/ electronic storehouse bias and the suchlike, are all rigorously banned.
- The distribution of cards is prohibited within the zero tolerance zone.
- Within the zero tolerance zone, serving tea/coffee, snacks, and lunch to volunteers, supporters of candidates, and voters is strictly banned.
- Intimidation and impersonation of voters, giving transportation to voters, and canvassing in any form or manner, except one-on-one discussion, will be prohibited 24 hours before the start of polling and during polling days.
- Within the zero tolerance zone, candidates and/or their authorized representatives must provide calm and orderly polling and total freedom for voters to exercise their franchise without annoyance or interruption.
2. It must be noted that, according to the preliminarily mentioned Rule, the expressed Election Law is considered a Council Guidelines under Item No. (1) of Part (II) of the Alternate Schedule to the Chartered Accountants Act, and should therefore be followed by all parties involved.
3. Non- compliance with Rule 42 may affect in correctional action against a member of the Institute under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949, and the Chartered Accountants (Procedure of Examinations of Professional and Other Misconduct and Conduct of Cases) Rules, 2007.
4. In light of the forenamed enactment's conditions, campaigners, their authorized representatives, and members combined with the Institute's Election are hereby obliged, in their own interests, to guarantee that the applicable vittles pertained to over aren't violated in any way. It should be underscored that failure to follow or violate the Election Code will affect correctional action.
Read the Entire Code Of Conduct: Click Here
Also Read: ICAI Elections 2021: A Complete Overview
Tags icai icai election professional resource