PAN card or Permanent Account Number is a unique ten-digit alphanumeric number issued by NSDL in India. It is used for various tax purposes while filing as identity proof and serves as valid identity proof for multiple other processes.
How To Update Details on Your PAN Card
If you have any changes in detail printed on your PAN Card, you can make that easy by both online and offline methods for PAN Card correction.
Steps To Make Changes in Your PAN Card Online
1. Log in to the official NSDL e-governance website
2. Under the Services tab, Click on "PAN''. On the new webpage page Click "Apply" under the "Change/Correction in PAN Data'' and select the 'Application Type' dropdown menu
3. From the 'Category' dropdown menu, select the correct category of the assessee, and enter your updated name, date of birth, email address, and mobile number.
4. After successful submission, you will get a Token Number which will also be sent on your registered email ID. Now, click the below button to fill out the remaining PAN application form.
5. After successful submission, you will be redirected to the payment gateway. Payment can be made through demand draft, net banking, and a Credit card or Debit card.
6. Once the payment is done, an acknowledgment slip will be generated. You need to take a print of it and send it to the NSDL e-gov office along with the physical proof of the supporting documents at
NSDL e-Gov at Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016.
Also, affix a photograph in the space provided and sign across it.
The author Sushant Gangurde is a legal analyst who aims to educate people about various tax laws and financial planning.
Tags pan income tax